Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Dropped An Order for a MYP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JaeTheDev

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2020
Westerly, RI
Listings
Hello all! I was a 21 Model Y Performance owner for a year or so and recently went to a Model S Refresh. Trading in my MYP for it I love the S but the Y is missed. Egress and ingress and overall size makes it the perfect vehicle. So, I’m trading in my MS and hoping to time a 23 Model Y Performance just right.

Id like to aim for a 23 as word has it it may come with auto frunk as well as no stalks. That’s one feature I really like on the S actually. I understand I’m in the minority there as well.

Usually the new Model years don’t uh being much change, I understand that, but it’s worth the wait to see if it’s within a few months. Fingers crossed!

if this was what I wanted personally I’d place the order for a MYLR 7 seater which has a very distant EDD and then as soon as the ‘23’s were confirmed shipping out I’d switch to a MYP… people that have been doing this have been reporting they jump the line on MYP’s to honor the original order date. good luck either way.

Hmmm…. that’s not a horrible idea. Thanks for the info and suggestion!

I was planning on getting a VIN and if it’s not a 23 VIN, pass on it.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Hmmm…. that’s not a horrible idea. Thanks for the info and suggestion!

I was planning on getting a VIN and if it’s not a 23 VIN, pass on it.

You likely already know this, but you should expect Tesla to be extremely draconian on "passing on a vin" and threatening to cancel your order, to combat / deal with all the people who will be trying to order now but take delivery after jan 1st.

There are already a couple of "I cant believe tesla is threatening to cancel my order?!?!? threads, and there will be many more as we get closer toward the end of the year.

Of course, since you have had so many teslas already, perhaps you already are prepared for them to do that.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
You likely already know this, but you should expect Tesla to be extremely draconian on "passing on a vin" and threatening to cancel your order, to combat / deal with all the people who will be trying to order now but take delivery after jan 1st.

There are already a couple of "I cant believe tesla is threatening to cancel my order?!?!? threads, and there will be many more as we get closer toward the end of the year.

Of course, since you have had so many teslas already, perhaps you already are prepared for them to do that.

Well prepared and do understand they will threaten to cancel. That being said, I’m not totally in it for the tax credit. Would be nice, but I’m more about just getting that 23 model year.

Right now my window states Oct 14-Nov 18. That could put me right there with a 23, but is possibly a week or two early as well.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Well prepared and do understand they will threaten to cancel. That being said, I’m not totally in it for the tax credit. Would be nice, but I’m more about just getting that 23 model year.

Right now my window states Oct 14-Nov 18. That could put me right there with a 23, but is possibly a week or two early as well.
Yeah, you'll be cutting it close. I took delivery of my M3P last year on November 13 and it was a 2021. The 2022's started arriving the following week. The suggestion by Wiparker above is a smart play to insure you'll get a 23 model.

Reactions: JaeTheDev

Tesla can introduce features over the whole 2023 year. So you might not want an early 2023. I am an example.

I have a 2022 MYP built early 12/2021. Cars built a few weeks after mine got the amd based infotainment (mine is intel..a bit less snappy when loading games & streaming apps) and 12v lithium ion battery. Later in the cars got the new wrap around dash trim (I don’t like this actually), later on cars started getting the trunk parcel shelf (I can get this added by tesla or do it myself) which also has some carpet coated interior pieces rather than plastic.

Tesla can introduce features over the whole 2023 year. So you might not want an early 2023. I am an example.

I have a 2022 MYP built early 12/2021. Cars built a few weeks after mine got the amd based infotainment (mine is intel..a bit less snappy when loading games & streaming apps) and 12v lithium ion battery. Later in the cars got the new wrap around dash trim (I don’t like this actually), later on cars started getting the trunk parcel shelf (I can get this added by tesla or do it myself) which also has some carpet coated interior pieces rather than plastic.

Thanks for the feedback. That being said, I know. This would be my 6th Tesla (Ive owned 4 and my wife has a 21 Y LR). Ive done this same thing prior, but its been a few years. It was to trade in my 2020 3 for a 2021 for the center console which started shipping for the 2021 model year. I was one of the first in the northeast to get a Model 3 with the console.

Im also basing my "update with the new model year" thinking on the post from "@ChrisZheng001" who has close ties to the Tesla supply chain. Hes been right every time for the most part. Screenshot below and link to article.

Im hoping hes right. We shall see, and fingers crossed I time all this right, or Ill eat my foot and say I was wrong. HA!

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.07.42 AM.png