Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a call from Tesla HK, no car until End of march 2014...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed, Mark. How's the club doing, and can one become a member with only a reservation, no car yet?

i am no 113 (non-sig) in Hk, wonder if there are 112 before me, or they skip some numbers?

Club is very quiet. I'm trying to get some interest going, but hard work. Another rally would be fun. PM me your eMail and I'll let you know if anything comes up.

The last 'announcement' was 300+ cars, and I suspect 150+ signatures, so your number sounds about right. When did you reserve?

Club is very quiet. I'm trying to get some interest going, but hard work. Another rally would be fun. PM me your eMail and I'll let you know if anything comes up.

The last 'announcement' was 300+ cars, and I suspect 150+ signatures, so your number sounds about right. When did you reserve?

I think it was December 2012. Anyway, it gives me more time to save up so I can actually afford the down payment!

Hi, I'm completely new to this forum and the TMC. I only ordered my Model S (non-sig, no.238) this May. Looks like all of you guys are well ahead in the queue... Although I got my driving license about 7 years ago, I have never owned any car myself in HK. The Model S will be my first ever car in my life that I actually purchase!

I didn't get a call from them about the delay though, but I did get an email saying it's now pushed to March-June 2014.

Mark, are you the admin of the club? Can I also join?

Hi, I'm completely new to this forum and the TMC. I only ordered my Model S (non-sig, no.238) this May. Looks like all of you guys are well ahead in the queue... Although I got my driving license about 7 years ago, I have never owned any car myself in HK. The Model S will be my first ever car in my life that I actually purchase!

I didn't get a call from them about the delay though, but I did get an email saying it's now pushed to March-June 2014.

Model S will be my first car also, it is very excited even we were told to wait longer. Enojy! :wink:

I doubt I will get My Sig before April, it is already December and no one has contacted me to finalize pricing...

I may end up giving up the Sig for a regular p85+ since it doesn't make any sense to spend the extra money just to get the car 2-3 months ahead of others.

BTW I am number 60.

I'm 378, non-signature, so late to the reservation. I didn't even know Tesla has started reservation in Hong Kong until last month!!! I have been following Tesla's news from USA since Roaster was announced, but not the Hong Kong news, how sad. Anyone has a bigger number than me?

I'm 378, non-signature, so late to the reservation. I didn't even know Tesla has started reservation in Hong Kong until last month!!! I have been following Tesla's news from USA since Roaster was announced, but not the Hong Kong news, how sad. Anyone has a bigger number than me?

So the total number of reservations is going to be around 400 in HK until the first batch. Really not bad for a city of 8M. And one shipment should be enough for that number of vehicles.

Supposedly you are right, one shipment should be enough, but if it is really so, then our club fans here wouldn't get calls telling them they will get their Model S at different time. I'm guessing, just guessing, that it would be HK+Southeast China a shipment, not HK-only a shipment. And that's how they get to deliver Signature models first, then the regular ones later.

So the total number of reservations is going to be around 400 in HK until the first batch. Really not bad for a city of 8M. And one shipment should be enough for that number of vehicles.

Supposedly you are right, one shipment should be enough, but if it is really so, then our club fans here wouldn't get calls telling them they will get their Model S at different time. I'm guessing, just guessing, that it would be HK+Southeast China a shipment, not HK-only a shipment. And that's how they get to deliver Signature models first, then the regular ones later.

If your guess turns out to be true, that'd suck as I didn't go for the Signature... However, I believe it is unlikely the case since they need homologation for each market, and HK (RHD) and the Mainland (LHD) may require different configurations to comply with the local laws and regulations. If anything, HK and Japan might have more similarities in this regard as they're both RHD.

I think Mainland China is in a league of its own. It is, after all, the largest car market in the world with sales volume exceeding 21M vehicles in 2013. Tesla's entering into Mainland China hasn't been smooth and in my view it is still not clear when Tesla will be able to officially deliver the first Model S to a Chinese customer. Of course, for Tesla to grow big and succeed in the long-run China is a very important market. But right now, Tesla is struggling to ramp up its factory in Fremont, CA to meet demand in the US and Europe. Therefore, I think Tesla's plan into HK will not be affected by it's Mainland China plan, and there are reasons to believe we in HK will receive the car earlier than the Mainland customers.

I'm just saying Hong Kong + South East China in the same shipment, meaning the RHD and the LHD Signature model will arrive in the same cargo. Then the regular ones in the next shipment. This way, it can save cost and ensure the Signature buyers can get theirs first.

If your guess turns out to be true, that'd suck as I didn't go for the Signature... However, I believe it is unlikely the case since they need homologation for each market, and HK (RHD) and the Mainland (LHD) may require different configurations to comply with the local laws and regulations. If anything, HK and Japan might have more similarities in this regard as they're both RHD.

I think Mainland China is in a league of its own. It is, after all, the largest car market in the world with sales volume exceeding 21M vehicles in 2013. Tesla's entering into Mainland China hasn't been smooth and in my view it is still not clear when Tesla will be able to officially deliver the first Model S to a Chinese customer. Of course, for Tesla to grow big and succeed in the long-run China is a very important market. But right now, Tesla is struggling to ramp up its factory in Fremont, CA to meet demand in the US and Europe. Therefore, I think Tesla's plan into HK will not be affected by it's Mainland China plan, and there are reasons to believe we in HK will receive the car earlier than the Mainland customers.

Everyone of us are exciting to that! i'm not surprising that the total number of pre order reaches 400, but still glad to know it. :)

By the way, did anyone get Tesla's call for final configuration? Should it be starting delivery in Apr (predicting 3 months for production)?

I reckon Tesla will prioritize quantity and RHD. For those reasons, mainland China will get the cars first.

Does anybody know when Tesla will begin delivering Model S to Mainland Chinese customers? Tesla's China site (Tesla(特斯拉)Motors | 高级电动汽车) doesn't seem to indicate that and their SEC Form 10-Q for Q3 hasn't mentioned any date for China either (they only mentioned opening their first store in Beijing). Mark, if your prediction is correct, that is bad news for HK non-Sig customers like myself, but happy as an investor in TSLA.

Just sent an email to Naomi, hopefully there is some news about the delivery.

it is transforming from disappointing to frustrating, as i was first told that the car would be delivered by the end of 2013, and then they said end of March 2014, which is not going to happen...

Please, at least let me know the final price for the Sig!!!!

Agree no more than that!

Just sent an email to Naomi, hopefully there is some news about the delivery.

it is transforming from disappointing to frustrating, as i was first told that the car would be delivered by the end of 2013, and then they said end of March 2014, which is not going to happen...

Please, at least let me know the final price for the Sig!!!!