Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got Model S as a loaner while my MY is in service for factory defects. MY is a better car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how you can make such claim without a statistically significant survey. If you truly have data to support your claim, I guess I am like OP and not in your "most people" category. I was given a choice, cost was not relevant for me between X and Y, and I chose Y over X (S and 3 was not in consideration list for me). So I wouldn't jump into conclusion that people get Y because of its lower price only.

That said, if X gets refreshed; have a much cleaner interior than it is today, just like Y; and loses those falcon wings, I would trade in MY for the new X easily for larger interior, better acceleration and higher payload capacity. And if that happens, perhaps some other folks would stop liking model X with a cleaner look like model Y. I guess people are just different, independent of their purchasing power.

Because this topic comes up all the time. And it’s extremely rare people prefer one smaller screen over two. It also often comes up under the refresh discussions with comments like I sure home they don’t turn the interior of S/X into a Model 3 with one screen. Both setups could be refined.

Can you a imagine a Roadster with a Model 3/Y like cabin. I can’t. It’s efficient, not sporty, sleek or elegant. I can imagine a single screen that spans the whole dash maybe. Even the higher end competition went with split. Like the Porsche.

Actually they will probably put a HUD in the Roadster and maybe S/X. I’d trade that for the center cluster display.

I am all for HUD. It doesn't crowd the dashboard and it certainly is nice feature.

Again I might be a rarity as I heard people miss manual air vents. I absolutely love not seeing the air vents. It partly because of my OCD that manual air vents pick dust and no one cleans it well :) Plus it adds to the clean look.

Pretty poor comparison. I have a friend with an older P75 and my 100D outperforms it in all ways, including acceleration. Glad you are happy and I do not doubt the veracity of your claim regarding a P75, but if you approach a later model MS and think you will outperform it in a MY, think again.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I am not comparing the acceleration for Model Y vs Model S 75D from 0 to 60 mph. In fact their 0-60 acceleration is pretty much the same on paper.

What I was comparing is, while they reach to 60mph from a stop at the same time, at 0-20mph section Model S 75 feels faster and punchier, and at 40mph to 60mph section, Model Y feels more responsive and quicker. I realize in electric motors the torque should be constant but somehow S felt quicker on the start but relatively speaking slows down compared to Y, almost suggesting different torque curves. throughout 0-60 speed range.