Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my Blue PUP MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my MY PUP Blue/Black. My original order was a white/black 19' LR, and order was placed on 2/2/20. At some point I asked the local Tesla dealer to change the config from 19' to 20', and add FSD. With the no clear ETA, and the fact that my lease on my Lexus was almost done, I decided to upgrade to the Blue PUP. The reason was talking to one of the sale reps in Chicago that shared that that PUP is ready to go, and could be picked up in couple of days- so I did.
The handling of the delivery was flawless, and I met the delivery advisor when he brought the car to the designated location for a pickup. I shared my concerns of receive the delivery, based on all the horror stories I read in the past few weeks- he assured me that at that dealership they don't deliver without a deep inspection. HE WAS RIGHT. I took my time, and looked closely on every little thing- the car is perfect!!!
For all of you that waiting- it is worth the wait. My first song in the new car was by Queen- I'm in love with my car- truly am!

Tesla MY.jpeg

Congrats. Glad you had such a great experience. I am getting tempted to put my order back in. I actually cancelled at the end of March and then got called 3 days later that my car was ready for delivery but with everything going on I decided to keep my order cancelled. Thanks again for posting and it looks incredible.

Glad you're very happy with your Y. Congratulations! Slightly off topic, but I've been reading that dealerships are trying to get people to extend their leases, even to the point of refusing to accept the lease returns. When the time comes, will you consider reporting your end of Lexus lease experience here?

Glad you're very happy with your Y. Congratulations! Slightly off topic, but I've been reading that dealerships are trying to get people to extend their leases, even to the point of refusing to accept the lease returns. When the time comes, will you consider reporting your end of Lexus lease experience here?
Lease was paid already. I called Lexus to check if I can rent it for couple of months, with the idea that I might need to wait longer for Tesla, and Lexus was fine with it. I the 3rd party company (that Lexus provided) to come and inspect the car before return, and they don't work these days because of Covid-19. So, I called the local dealership, and said I need to return my lease, and they set a time to come in, and I was out within 10 min.
(a side note, I see you're in Pasadena) I lived in LA for 18 years, and moved to Chicagoland (Naperville), and the service around here as a general rule is much better than the one in LA.

Reactions: EVNation
I just picked up my MY PUP Blue/Black. My original order was a white/black 19' LR, and order was placed on 2/2/20. At some point I asked the local Tesla dealer to change the config from 19' to 20', and add FSD. With the no clear ETA, and the fact that my lease on my Lexus was almost done, I decided to upgrade to the Blue PUP. The reason was talking to one of the sale reps in Chicago that shared that that PUP is ready to go, and could be picked up in couple of days- so I did.
The handling of the delivery was flawless, and I met the delivery advisor when he brought the car to the designated location for a pickup. I shared my concerns of receive the delivery, based on all the horror stories I read in the past few weeks- he assured me that at that dealership they don't deliver without a deep inspection. HE WAS RIGHT. I took my time, and looked closely on every little thing- the car is perfect!!!
For all of you that waiting- it is worth the wait. My first song in the new car was by Queen- I'm in love with my car- truly am!

View attachment 534798
May I ask which Chicagoland store did you take delivery at??