Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just how inferior is the 3 vs S/X ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two cents: for a start, I can't watch Ben Sullins' videos any more, I find him so annoying, arrogant, and plain incompetent. He keeps on blabbering about stuff he hasn't got the slightest clue about, makes up "facts" from his own opinion, and is just extremely irritating. And it's not even fun to watch his most obvious blunders.
If I want to see personal opinion (mixed with some competence) presented in a fun and enjoyable way, I watch Zac and Jesse on "Now you know" :)

And about the differences between the 3 and the S/X: I do expect the 3 to be a "lesser" car than both the S and the X simply because for the price, it can't be on the same level. But imho the 3 betters the S/X in many ways that are important to me: size, interior storage, practicality, to name just a few.

Reactions: Sweet OJ
What shocks me is the statement that Tesla uses 7times more manpower to build S/X than other car manufacturers. I thought its the opposite, that Tesla has one of the best automatic lines. I can remember an article on Electrek where Audi guy was invited to Tesla factory and since then he prised Tesla for being "5 years ahead" of everyone else in automation....

I talked to one of the guys at Tesla about replacement of my handles, asked if I was going to get v2 or 3 handles and what the difference really was. Apparently each of these handles as enough parts it takes .5 hours of human labor to assemble which is what prompted the v3 design. Compare that to every one else who does final assembly in seconds after machine automation.