Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!! We had a Cayenne S, but the Tesla is way quicker even though mine is not even a Performance model. You are going to love it.

Cayenne sits quite a bit taller though. You didn't consider the Model X?

Thank you! We did consider the Model X, mainly because I like SUVs but I think the Model S will fit our needs better (daughter will start driving soon :)).

Congratulations!
I am a bit scared
Is it the price or are you fretting range anxiety? No need to worry on either account. You will save money on gas and maintenance
And you will love passing gas stations all day, every day :)
Only difference to longer drives is the planning and the Tesla will take care of that for you. Put in the destination and the S will let you know where/when to stop.

Any insight, advice, caution, etc.
Caution? you will find reasons to take a drive just to enjoy it. When was the last time you really enjoyed a long drive? You will now :)

Reactions: DIL
Ok, so after months of research, my hubby and I decided to pull the trigger on a beautiful Model S! I am a bit scared and somewhat sad to trade in my beautiful Cayenne but still super excited to join the Tesla family. Any insight, advice, caution, etc. is welcome and appreciated!

Congratulations! My prediction: You will not miss your Cayenne one bit. Once you drive your Model S for a while, you will not want to drive an ICE ever again. The relationship between the accelerator and acceleration gives you control that you cannot get with a car that has a traditional transmission. I just went to Costco for a shop and saw a very long line of cars with drivers waiting for gas. I am thinking that each and every one of those drivers is now wanting to be in a Tesla. You have much to look forward to.

Congratulations! My prediction: You will not miss your Cayenne one bit. Once you drive your Model S for a while, you will not want to drive an ICE ever again. The relationship between the accelerator and acceleration gives you control that you cannot get with a car that has a traditional transmission. I just went to Costco for a shop and saw a very long line of cars with drivers waiting for gas. I am thinking that each and every one of those drivers is now wanting to be in a Tesla. You have much to look forward to.
The acceleration is amazing. We tested the "ludicrous speed" and oh boy it's something else! However, the hubby said No to that :p

• Funny
Reactions: wesley888
Congratulations!

Is it the price or are you fretting range anxiety? No need to worry on either account. You will save money on gas and maintenance
And you will love passing gas stations all day, every day :)
Only difference to longer drives is the planning and the Tesla will take care of that for you. Put in the destination and the S will let you know where/when to stop.

Caution? you will find reasons to take a drive just to enjoy it. When was the last time you really enjoyed a long drive? You will now :)
Thank you for your reply! I would say it is scary to get into "unknown" territory but I am sure it will be worth it. I'm sure it will get some time getting used to not hearing the roar of the engine but all the other features will more than compensate for that.