Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my first Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to TMC. There's a TON of info available to you here. The quickest way to have questions answered (and you will have questions!) is to use the "Search" function, upper RH corner of the home screen. I use the "advanced" version. You'll find many, many threads that...uhh...well...ATTEMPT to answer your question.

I say "attempt" because the Tesla delivery process is no different than a legacy manufacturer, except Tesla makes the fatal error of trying to predict delivery times. Major fail. Legacy manufacturers don't even try.

So, the answer to your question is: unknown. SOOOO many variables that it's hard to predict.

Upvote 0
On January 14 the I ordered a Model Y LR only option I took was the color Blue. I'm in the burbs of Chicago. Any idea when I'll get the VIN or actual delivery of my soon to be favorite car???
I think it will be sooner than you expect. I ordered mine with only option as black also on January 14 and we had it delivered on the 26th. Get your home charger installed if you’re going that route as I am waiting a month for the electrician to get me on his schedule!

Reactions: bobw
Upvote 0
So, ScottM276 in Melbourne, FL predicts you'll get your car, in Chicago, sooner than you expect. I'm not sure what he's basing this on. ;) 🤣

I agree that you should get your home charging set up ASAP, because maybe ScottM276's prediction will come true!

Seriously, the answer is...a big "unknown", but...be prepared for very soon, or maybe March, or...if Tesla ran out of Blue paint and it's backordered, maybe early summer...etc. etc...:D:D:D

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
Upvote 0
I think it will be sooner than you expect. I ordered mine with only option as black also on January 14 and we had it delivered on the 26th. Get your home charger installed if you’re going that route as I am waiting a month for the electrician to get me on his schedule!
Oh I hope so, ordered the charger the same day I ordered the car. Got an email two days ago that the charger shipped but my app still says Feb 6th - Mar 6th. Haven't even gotten the VIN yet. Guess I'm just antsy and obviously anxious to get my new ride.

Upvote 0
Oh I hope so, ordered the charger the same day I ordered the car. Got an email two days ago that the charger shipped but my app still says Feb 6th - Mar 6th. Haven't even gotten the VIN yet. Guess I'm just antsy and obviously anxious to get my new ride.
First off congrats. The dealer network here is really good. As they are controlling eta a lot better than last year (7-10 month delay) I would be prepared at any point between the 2/6 date and a week after. In Chicago I received A text that my car was completing and to finish my online docs soon after. Usually takes a week from the text.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Tesla family! 😎. It shouldn't be too long I wouldn't think The blue is so nice. I got midnight silver but sometimes wish I had done blue. It should give you an estimate on the delivery. Once you get a two week window your close. If you ordered on the 14th I would think you get something very soon.

Reactions: Dale_L
Upvote 0
No reason for a whole new thread, join in over here:

Upvote 0
Ordered same car as you Jan 16 except with white seats and took delivery Jan 27. Vehicle made in Fremont. I was tossed about a bit on delivery as the vehicle got to Halifax Nova Scotia a day later than expected - and they wanted pick up the day after them getting the car. I took Enhanced Autopilot which makes no difference in hardware but might have been a factor in priority. Unknown. The Halifax operation is pretty small but schedules pickups every 15 minutes. Talk about economical overheads!

Upvote 0
On January 14 the I ordered a Model Y LR only option I took was the color Blue. I'm in the burbs of Chicago. Any idea when I'll get the VIN or actual delivery of my soon to be favorite car???
I received my VIN yesterday!!!! Took care of insurance immediately and then they updated the delivery date to Feb 14-20th. So just ordered my floor mats and screen protector to start. Many more things to be ordered in the future in sure. Thanks everyone for all the info.

Upvote 0