Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just rejected 1st delivery, how do I contact anyone from Tesla and get a 2nd VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just rejected 1st delivery after noticing significant dent and seal issue, how'd I contact someone from Tesla (I wanted to change my service center have no idea how to).
Also how soon based on current situation would I get a new VIN? paid off already.

Pictures or videos would have been great. I mean, what are “significant” dent and seal issues? Did it look like someone beat the car with a baseball bat?

Regarding your other questions I have no idea. If I were rejecting a car I would get as much of that info as possible from the person I’m dealing with at the delivery center. Of course I’m guessing they are slammed right now so once you reject they probably just want to get rid of you as fast as they can and move on to the next delivery.

Good luck.

Reactions: SO16
Pictures or videos would have been great. I mean, what are “significant” dent and seal issues? Did it look like someone beat the car with a baseball bat?

Regarding your other questions I have no idea. If I were rejecting a car I would get as much of that info as possible from the person I’m dealing with at the delivery center. Of course I’m guessing they are slammed right now so once you reject they probably just want to get rid of you as fast as they can and move on to the next delivery.

Good luck.
Yup. I don’t get this rejection that some people do. Unless it truly is bad with the structure of the car that couldn’t be repaired. Sure, it sours the new car experience a bit but not the end of the world.

My model S in 2017 had a couple issues but I still accepted delivery and then Tesla service repaired them within a couple weeks. Glad I didn’t reject it and wait even longer for another vehicle that also may have had issues.

Just rejected 1st delivery after noticing significant dent and seal issue, how'd I contact someone from Tesla (I wanted to change my service center have no idea how to).
Also how soon based on current situation would I get a new VIN? paid off already.
Text the 510 number to change SC.

You’ll get a new VIN somewhere between 1 day and 180 days. Probably in the next 30 days

Yup. I don’t get this rejection that some people do. Unless it truly is bad with the structure of the car that couldn’t be repaired. Sure, it sours the new car experience a bit but not the end of the world.

My model S in 2017 had a couple issues but I still accepted delivery and then Tesla service repaired them within a couple weeks. Glad I didn’t reject it and wait even longer for another vehicle that also may have had issues.
It doesn’t matter what you or I would do, the OP decided to reject it. If more customers would refuse dent-and-scratch Teslas, Tesla might actually put some effort into improving initial delivery quality.

It doesn’t matter what you or I would do, the OP decided to reject it. If more customers would refuse dent-and-scratch Teslas, Tesla might actually put some effort into improving initial delivery quality.
Fwiw my first Tesla (Model 3 in Oct 2018) was absolutely flawless upon delivery. And it was a crazy time for Tesla. YMMV of course.

I let them know of the issues and it would save them time via the service center. By accepting the car, it still costs them money to repair issues. So they should still want to improve issues regardless.

Tesla has their own policy of handling non accepted deliveries. They will notify you when a replacement is available. No way to know in advance how long this will take or the condition of the replacement. When you cancel you yield all control and simply wait for them to get back to you. Availability of a replacement vehicle is dependant on so many variables that you will not be able to accurately predict when you will be notified.

Tesla's prefered way to handle delivery issues is to have you accept deliver, then bring the car back to have issues resolved. They have a pretty good record (but not perfect) of resolving fittment issues.

Right now, due to pricing reduction, Tesla is backed up considerably with production unable to meet demand. Your wait for a replacement might be significant.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I let them know of the issues and it would save them time via the service center. By accepting the car, it still costs them money to repair issues. So they should still want to improve issues regardless.

Ideally, yes, although I still think it would be better for both owners and Tesla if they delivered vehicles without flaws, certainly without actual dents as mentioned in this thread. But there's been instances where Tesla employees say everything will be fixed later only for owners to be told later that things are within accepted tolerances and no repairs or adjustments will be performed.

Ideally, yes, although I still think it would be better for both owners and Tesla if they delivered vehicles without flaws, certainly without actual dents as mentioned in this thread. But there's been instances where Tesla employees say everything will be fixed later only for owners to be told later that things are within accepted tolerances and no repairs or adjustments will be performed.
Yes, agree. I think before the car arrives, QA shouldve been done. I'm not nic picking but these dents are half palm sized, it's just unacceptable thats why I did NOT accept it.

Now, horrible experience begins, re-assign VIN takes forever, I dont even know when 2nd vin can be assgined. I'm stranded and tired of this bs.

Might just pay extra for a EQE, you see, this is why lots of ppl jump boat.

I think there is a pretty drastic difference in the quality of deliver centers. I was supposed to have my delivery today. Tesla rescheduled it for Monday because some things that needed to be fixed. The delivery center is right by my office so I went and found my car, was worried about real damaged that was about to get patched up and I wouldn't know about it. It was perfect except for two very minor scratches, actually more just scuffs than scratches. Spent about 20min looking it over and couldn't find anything else wrong. Easily fixed with an extremely light polishing compound. I was really surprised that they delayed delivery for this but glad they are wanting to make it perfect. I went in and talked to the service people because I thought maybe there was some other issue that wasn't paint. She looked it up and read off the two comments about the paint and that was it.

Reactions: SO16