Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just saw this new center screen add-on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This blocks the AC main vent for the driver! I love the concept so I'm hoping I'm missing a flow-through for the AC vent. The video shows it being blocked by the rear mounting plate Also, the display pics only at night have me worried about daytime visibility. Overall though, very impressed if they can discuss the daytime quality and AC vent

This blocks the AC main vent for the driver! I love the concept so I'm hoping I'm missing a flow-through for the AC vent. The video shows it being blocked by the rear mounting plate Also, the display pics only at night have me worried about daytime visibility. Overall though, very impressed if they can discuss the daytime quality and AC vent

From the installation video, it looks like it fills in a lot of the lower steering slot, but leaves the main HVAC slot open. The center section of the driver's side main slot air looks like it'll hit the back of the screen; it's not clear how much that will flow around it to cool the driver. It'll definitely have an impact, but I'm not sure if it'll be a big one or a little one.

Reactions: drdumont
I'll pass. I got used to looking at the speedometer on the right in a couple of days.
Also, I quit fixating on battery use, efficiency and all the rest in about a month. After a walkaround, I just get in the car, check the battery level, and enjoy driving it myself. On a long trip I will check the Energy ski slope graph once in a while, but the rest of the time I just enjoy driving with the Tesla Smile. (Similar to grinning like a mule eating briars).

I MIGHT look into the Heads Up Display, however. That and the seat coolers are the only things I miss from my Buicks.

Cool idea, but I wish it better info on the screen. I’d get it if it had (1) MPH, (2) Battery % remaining, (3) Park/Drive/Reverse, (4) Time of day, (5) Trip Odometer, and (6) outdoor temperature.

It’s a CANBus scanner plugged in to the car’s internal monologue. I would expect it to be programmable for what to display and how, and all of those seem like reasonable things.