Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery today is this a problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery at my office. I noticed when i got home what looks like either a deep scratch or crack on 1 corner of the glass roof. All the other corners look fine to me. This is the corner on driver side near rear of vehicle.

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/8/17/cb8d81dc00aab38301593966a3adfcd7-full.jpg

What do you folks think? Is this something I should open a service center ticket over? If so, is it better to deal with
the new car delivery team or SC?

My main concern is will it get worse with changes in weather.

The other thing i noticed is some squeaky noises when raising and lowering rear passenger window. Will definitely talk to someone about that.

Your opinions are appreciated....

Took delivery at my office. I noticed when i got home what looks like either a deep scratch or crack on 1 corner of the glass roof. All the other corners look fine to me. This is the corner on driver side near rear of vehicle.

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/8/17/cb8d81dc00aab38301593966a3adfcd7-full.jpg

What do you folks think? Is this something I should open a service center ticket over? If so, is it better to deal with

The other thing i noticed is some squeaky noises when raising and lowering rear passenger window. Will definitely talk to someone about that.

I would report it to your SC. Others have reported glass issues, similar to that. Could be something as simple as plastic wrap left over from the manufacturing process to defective tint/coating on the glass - again a warranty item. Don't lose sleep over it, however. Just report it and schedule a time to get in. Best to use the app to schedule the service call, unless you want to wait a long time on the phone. Good luck and enjoy your new Tesla!

Sorry not viewing your photo as I didn't like that the link to it required checking my computer or something to that effect. If you just got your car and see what could be an issue, of course report it and get it on a due bill list to be looked over. The window issue sounds like it might be a minor thing to correct.

Reactions: jebinc
Mine was delivered with what I thought was a small crack. Reported to Tesla and they added it to my service profile. Haven't had it replaced yet, as the tint installer thought it was more of a cosmetic blemish than a crack..

Sorry SMAIset looks like they do some cloud flair anti ddos stuff. I attached the image directly now. I did report to SC and have appointment this Monday. Trying not to be overly obsessive but dont want to get stuck with a bigger more expensive issue down the road.

Was worried about the build quality but so far very happy with quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 99

You should get it repaired. It also looks like it's not sealed all the way. Mine doesn't have the gaps on rubber like your picture. I have the wind noise reduction sealer but you can see it isn't separating like yours on the picture I uploaded. I know my car is dirty :)

Attachments

• Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 44
Upon further inspection there is a chance it could be some sort of glue. Whatever it is it doesnt come off with a simple wipe. Hopefully the SC techs know how to get it off

Did you try some rubbing alcohol or goo off? When I picked up my car the front left headlight looked like it had a big scratch ended up being adhesive residue...likely from whatever protective vinyl that was put on when shipping.