Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep passenger AC on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

az_1325

Jul 12, 2021
AZ
I purchased a white Plaid in Arizona. As you can imagine, it is very hot these days.

The battery drained at about 10% per day parked at work, if I keep cabin protection on, so I decided to turn that off. On the flip side, now the cabin interior gets to 150 degrees. The issue I am having is that only the driver vents open up when I start the car, and that is not remotely enough to cool the car, even running for 10 mins. The car remains super hot.

When I go to vents, and manually open the passenger vent, then the car cools off quickly. My questions, is there a way to have both vents open by default? In other words, is there a way to reverse this update

Tesla launches update with ridiculously small change showing commitment to efficiency ?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Dcopper
I purchased a white Plaid in Arizona. As you can imagine, it is very hot these days.

The battery drained at about 10% per day parked at work, if I keep cabin protection on, so I decided to turn that off. On the flip side, now the cabin interior gets to 150 degrees. The issue I am having is that only the driver vents open up when I start the car, and that is not remotely enough to cool the car, even running for 10 mins. The car remains super hot.

When I go to vents, and manually open the passenger vent, then the car cools off quickly. My questions, is there a way to have both vents open by default? In other words, is there a way to reverse this update

Tesla launches update with ridiculously small change showing commitment to efficiency ?

Thank you in advance
Been looking to do the same in 2021 MY... defaults only to drivers side. Looking to default to BOTH driver and passenger on cold days as well.