Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Console Wrap Tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla Club!

New to the forums, veteran to forum lurking. Recently got my '18 LR DM and am IN LOVE. Purchased a few wraps for the logos and interior, but ran into EXTREME frustration when attempting to do the cup portion of the vinyl wrap.

Any experienced ones who've had success? I've watched the 45 minute video 423 times, and effed up my first wrap, way too warped to attempt again. Have the last one, so wanna do it right with (hopefully) ya'lls help.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Tesla Club!

New to the forums, veteran to forum lurking. Recently got my '18 LR DM and am IN LOVE. Purchased a few wraps for the logos and interior, but ran into EXTREME frustration when attempting to do the cup portion of the vinyl wrap.

Any experienced ones who've had success? I've watched the 45 minute video 423 times, and effed up my first wrap, way too warped to attempt again. Have the last one, so wanna do it right with (hopefully) ya'lls help.

Thanks in advance!

Just scanned the video. That is hands down the most difficult way to put on that console wrap. I have put several wraps on model 3's using the evwraps product. It has worked flawlessly every time. That said, watch the evwraps video i think you will get some good tips. For instance, use some blue tape to make some wings (it will make sense if you watch the short video) and remove the backing a little at a time.

Also, If you can get a second set of hands it will go faster.

Just scanned the video. That is hands down the most difficult way to put on that console wrap. I have put several wraps on model 3's using the evwraps product. It has worked flawlessly every time. That said, watch the evwraps video i think you will get some good tips. For instance, use some blue tape to make some wings (it will make sense if you watch the short video) and remove the backing a little at a time.

Also, If you can get a second set of hands it will go faster.

Thumbs up twice for this man. I'll be watching first thing when I get home and update.

I just installed mine tonight, brushed black metal. At some point during the process though, I lightly scratched the center piece—which really pisses me off since I must've let my guard down while fumbling with the envelope all the pieces came in. (If anyone knows how I could fix it, that'd be awesome). You can even see in the process photos where I screwed up.

The wrap took about an hour to install, starting with the dreaded cup holder piece and working up to the phone dock / slim trim piece that meets the bottom of the dashboard. I'm still shocked that I didn't botch the cup holder piece. It certainly takes time and patience, but the adhesive wrap material is very forgiving. Using the razor to clip off the overlaps was pretty satisfying as well.

In all, this is far better than piano black. I no longer have to worry about destroying that (otherwise terrible) finish.

1.jpeg

2.JPG

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Attachments

• 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 43
I just installed mine tonight, brushed black metal. At some point during the process though, I lightly scratched the center piece—which really pisses me off since I must've let my guard down while fumbling with the envelope all the pieces came in. (If anyone knows how I could fix it, that'd be awesome). You can even see in the process photos where I screwed up.

The wrap took about an hour to install, starting with the dreaded cup holder piece and working up to the phone dock / slim trim piece that meets the bottom of the dashboard. I'm still shocked that I didn't botch the cup holder piece. It certainly takes time and patience, but the adhesive wrap material is very forgiving. Using the razor to clip off the overlaps was pretty satisfying as well.

In all, this is far better than piano black. I no longer have to worry about destroying that (otherwise terrible) finish.

View attachment 402707

View attachment 402708

View attachment 402709

View attachment 402714

View attachment 402719

View attachment 402718
Dammmmm that looks great man! If you're ever in the bay, i'll buy you a round or two of beer to do mine

Reactions: ksoon
Dammmmm that looks great man! If you're ever in the bay, i'll buy you a round or two of beer to do mine

Haha man if I was in the area I'd totally help you out.

The only thing I'd do differently next time is covering each finished panel with microfiber, in case of dumbass scratches like what happened to mine. I was told to try heating it up a little bit since the vinyl material is supposed to be self-healing.

• Informative
Reactions: T3SL4AFBruh
I purchased the 3M 1080 online for $25 (1ft x 5ft) to do the center and dash (one piece). For the cut holders, I used a heat gun gently to soften / shrink the material into the lip the cup holder, cut a X in the center of the cup holder holes. I then use with my fingernail to seat the wrap nicely and then use a very sharp new razor that I purchased for installing vinyl to cut around the cup holder hole. Already did 4 cars already and it's not too difficult. The most hardest part is wrapping around the edges if your going to do the dash.

Hey Tesla Club!

Thanks in advance!

I don't see any use of distilled water during the installation. If you plenty of water, especially with a 1% soap solution you'll have no trouble wrapping the center section.

I'm in the bay area, feel free to drop by during lunch and I can help you with the install.

20190602_181728.jpg
20190602_181716(0).jpg
Wow, this was a huge challenge. I tried the first one like the EV Wraps video shows to do it. Ruined it. I was careful but somehow I stretched the cup holder area too much.

So I used the second one that came with the kit.

This time, I combined the techniques and only removed the backing from the cup holder area first (the middle part only) and got the cup holder area stuck in place well, like in the Kenriko video. Then I removed the upper backing, finished it. Then the lower backing.

The entire process took me two hours. And was difficult.

I saved the razor blade until the end.

The matte black looks great with the seats. But it will show fingerprints. Just not as much as the original glossy finish.

Reactions: ksoon