Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t tried it but I understand that if you use your key card to unlock the car, provided you “start” the car and drive off within 2 minutes, you don’t need to put the key card on the centre console. That is only if you get in the car and wait longer than 2 minutes to drive off - haven’t tried this myself, but this is what I recall.

What's the deal with having to slide the card under the console every time to star the car? Very annoying, can this be turned off?
I haven’t tried it but I understand that if you use your key card to unlock the car, provided you “start” the car and drive off within 2 minutes, you don’t need to put the key card on the centre console. That is only if you get in the car and wait longer than 2 minutes to drive off - haven’t tried this myself, but this is what I recall.
Last time I used my key card to move my car I was able to put it in gear without touching the card to the console.