Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keyboard disappears when making selections using browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I touch the screen to put text in a different box (like from Subject to Email Body) or from Email address to Password on a log in, the keyboard disappears. The only way I've found to bring it back up is to touch the size or font choice (in emails) or to click Submit even though I haven't put in all criteria, like the password, in a log in. In the latter, after hitting Submit, the cursor goes to the box missing the info, and the keyboard comes back. Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to show without going through this dance? I have a M3 w FSD; RWD LR. Thanks for the help!

When I touch the screen to put text in a different box (like from Subject to Email Body) or from Email address to Password on a log in, the keyboard disappears. The only way I've found to bring it back up is to touch the size or font choice (in emails) or to click Submit even though I haven't put in all criteria, like the password, in a log in. In the latter, after hitting Submit, the cursor goes to the box missing the info, and the keyboard comes back. Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to show without going through this dance? I have a M3 w FSD; RWD LR. Thanks for the help!
And I've searched the Owner's Manual too, but can't find anything on it. Does the disappearing keyboard happen to anyone else?

It's mostly when writing an email in the car. I use Hotmail, so it may be a slight incompatibility. I create a new email & the cursor is in the recipient box, which I complete. There is no TAB key so I touch the SUBJECT box, and the keyboard vanishes but the email screen is still there, complete with options like calendar, address book, etc. I played around & touched the To Do List icon, touched it again to close it, and the keyboard came back with the cursor in the SUBJECT box. I had to do this again to get the cursor to move to the BODY with the keyboard showing. Not that I'll be sending many emails from the car, but it's just a small, 1st world pain, LOL!