Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kick/swipe To Open Trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone here besides me that would like to see Tesla add the ability to open the trunk with a kick or swipe of the foot? Sure would be convenient when you've got your hands full of stuff. Seems like it would be easy enough to implement given all the cameras and sensors that cover the car.

Yeah, like that. But after watching the installation video, I don't think I'm up to tackling a project like that.

Why doesn't Tesla simply include such a feature? Cost, I suppose. But it sure would be a handy addition (especially for a car that is billed as a luxury automobile....).

It's a great feature when it works. When it doesn't, you'll be swearing at the system as you clean dirt and salt off your pants. That said, I really miss not having it.

That is my feeling. We have it on the BMW X3 and as you said when it works it is fine. But drive on a muddy road and you have power wash the inside of the bumper. And even then it will be intermittent, and you will look like you are having a leg spasm as you shake your foot furiously trying to the get the sensor to work. Or you could just stop and press the button on the key fob.