TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Kids Entertainment? How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bell2041, Mar 20, 2018.

1. bell2041

bell2041 Member

Questions to all of your with kids

I have 2 kids and currently driving Acura MDX with the entertainment system.
    I see Model X have no such options. So I guess the only option would be to somehow mount an iPad(s) (with wired headphone) or give them iPad to hold in hands

There are multiple issues with my plan
    1. The biggest one is the Safety issue, I'm afraid that in case of an accident the iPad will fly out and might hurt somebody.
    2. Wired Headphones will be a mess all the time
    3. Need to hide it somewhere when we get off the car (where do you hide it? there is no pocket on the back of the front seats)

Please share your entertainment system :)

2. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

Tablets with foam cases made for kids.

• Like x 1
  3. dogldogl

dogldogl Member

iPad mini fits in the center console, you could likely store 8-10 of them in there.

Bluetooth headphones are compatible & readily available.

I don’t have a solution for securing the device in the event of a violent accident.

4. bell2041

bell2041 Member

Bluetooth headphone is even more trouble, since most of the times they will not connect right away and I will need to do troubleshooting while driving with 4 years old :) also will need to connect them to USB while storing so they will be ready when I need them :) oh man

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash New Member

Hey bell2041...I'm researching the heck out of the Model X and have been thinking the same thing with a 5, 3, and 6 month old. Here is the most elegant solution I have found...yet also the most expensive:

R-Zentric Products by Revozport

Just connect the ipad (not included) via bluetooth to the speakers or even a bluetooth speaker in the back for the kiddos so you can still listen to whatever.

6. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Our kids just listen to the sound system. iPads are banned in the car! The safety aspect would worry me, I don't want a pair of those bricks flying around the car in the event of an accident.

7. dedicatedtek

dedicatedtek Member

Benadryl ?

• Funny x 3
  8. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Hire clown.

Or dress as clown.

(Are they coulrophobic?)

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  9. Bridor

Bridor Member

I glued two magnetic mounts to the back of the front seats. Then I installed a metal plate on each of the iPad Minis. The kids just use headphones plugged into the iPad Mini jack. We use Vudu to maintain our video library. Right before a trip, the kids download the movies they want to watch on their iPads. It works out great.

Brent

• Like x 2