Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kitchener Tesla service centre...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a mixed review from me. All positive experiences when I go buy parts in person but can never get anyone to answer the phone or email (service dept).

Experiences from this year:
My wife's 2021 model 3 LR had a issue with the auto trunk being misaligned and was rubbing the paint off against the driver side exterior panel. They stated that it was a "wear and tear" and we had to pay for the tech to align (This is a gripe against their "wear & tear" policy for a trunk which also would be aplicable to doors opening/closing mechanism, etc. I would have thought "wear & tear" items would be like tires/brakes, etc.). The tech did a great job on the alignment but spotty job on the paint repair.

My 2016 Model S, had TPMS error and had them diagnose it. They could't figure out since TPMS ECU was "working" and each individual TPMS sensors were working (Reading correct PSI to their handheld unit) but it wouldn't talk to the car's TPMS ECU (Tech stated that TPMS ECU was "fine"). The tech gave up and told me to try swapping out to my winter tires and see what happens OR buy a new Tesla TPMS sensor for each wheels. That was $200 down the drain for diagnosis. I had already swapped out to another set of tires and it didn't clear the TPMS error message. I think, if I was troubleshooting this issue now, my next step would be to swap out the TPMS ECU for a new one. I'm trying to source a used one but still requires programming so I may be stuck with having to buy a new one from them and have them program it.

Got a new Model Y on Aug, then had to visit Kitchener SC twice to fix the misalignment.

After 2nd times, the wheel is still off centered.

Searched on Google, found the dedicated SC in Toronto (SC is alone, not along with show room).

They did test drive with me to verify the misalignment, even drove to highway as I requested.

Finally it was fixed!

In short, my few times M3 experience in Kitchener SC were great, but the misalignment issue on new MY, they just said "it's fixed, if you found it again check the road curve.."

Got a new Model Y on Aug, then had to visit Kitchener SC twice to fix the misalignment.

After 2nd times, the wheel is still off centered.

Searched on Google, found the dedicated SC in Toronto (SC is alone, not along with show room).

They did test drive with me to verify the misalignment, even drove to highway as I requested.

Finally it was fixed!

In short, my few times M3 experience in Kitchener SC were great, but the misalignment issue on new MY, they just said "it's fixed, if you found it again check the road curve.."
In your opinion, is a SC w/o a showroom "better" (i.e., better quality tech, thorough, customer care, etc.) than a Tesla dealership with a showroom?

I have my appointment (TPMS issue) this afternoon at the Mississauga location. Let's hope these guys are more knowledgeable than the other techs at Kitchener.
I did some search for this location and does have a waiting area since it seems like it's in the middle of a bunch of companies instead of being near a shopping/public area. I guess I'll be using the waiting area instead of walking around nearby stores to kill time.

Reactions: M109Rider
So, my experience with the Tesla techs at the Mississauga location is overwhelmingly better than the techs in Kitchener. You would think the techs would be trained via their troubleshooting manual but I guess you can't substitute experience.

1)My TPMS error message - Resolved by merely clearing out / reset of the TPMS ECU. I asked them why the Kitchener tech couldn't do that and they shook their head.​
2)Resolved a "navigation something couldn't be found" which I thought would involve installing a new SD card into the MCU but they just cleared my sd card and told me to make sure that the car is connected to the home WIFI when you're home (which it does but who knows the signal strength).​
3)cleared my airbag light error message that I created when i removed the passenger side airbag a few months ago when I was installing my new speakers in the dash. I asked them to clear it but they went above and beyond and told me that I broke one clip on the side of the airbag and they replaced it.​
All of the 3 activities above were done in less than one hour and half the price off the full diagnostic fee ($210 CAD per issue).​

Granted it was an hour drive from Cambridge to to go to Mississauga, it is worth it and told my wife for her Model 3 issues (still under warranty) to go to this location instead.