Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knock off another $5k in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what Ontario will get for SR+
upload_2019-5-2_13-47-32.png

• Funny
Reactions: Legen---dary
Thanks for that. I added it as an edit after the first post based on response.
If a mod can scrub it I'd be grateful.

Sure am regretting buying the SR+ a month ago.
Bittersweet the likes of which I've never felt before. So many lies from Tesla.

I am so with you love the car but was screwed by Tesla in the whole sr st+ thing and I waited for the federal budget announcement before buying and they are starting may 1st

I could have my car with Autopilot for 3k less then I paid

• Love
Thanks for that. I added it as an edit after the first post based on response.
If a mod can scrub it I'd be grateful.

Sure am regretting buying the SR+ a month ago.
Bittersweet the likes of which I've never felt before. So many lies from Tesla.
Tesla doesn't have control over the rules set by the Canadian government. I'm sure there are buyers of vehicles that were on the original list, who also missed out on the rebate by buying a month early. They have the same feeling as you, but it has nothing to do with the manufacturers of the vehicles.
Tesla changed their pricing to give more buyers on the low end the opportunity to afford a Tesla. This is in line with the mission toward 100% EV adoption, so it's hard for me to see how this could be considered deceptive.

Tesla doesn't have control over the rules set by the Canadian government. I'm sure there are buyers of vehicles that were on the original list, who also missed out on the rebate by buying a month early. They have the same feeling as you, but it has nothing to do with the manufacturers of the vehicles.
Tesla changed their pricing to give more buyers on the low end the opportunity to afford a Tesla. This is in line with the mission toward 100% EV adoption, so it's hard for me to see how this could be considered deceptive.

They knew the rebate was coming. It was known about way before May 1st. Unless they decided the pricing strategy the day before, then they also knew they'd be offering up a $44,999 vehicle to qualify as a base model, and were just waiting for the day to enact the change.
This was as deceptive as the nonexistent SR, and I was suckered on both counts.
I literally asked, multiple times, about the rebate and was told Tesla would in no way qualify.
Tesla was deceptive regarding the SR, and deceptive again regarding the rebate.
Of course the idiotic government shouldn't have even set a limit, but that's besides the point.

Reactions: Goodtohave
They knew the rebate was coming. It was known about way before May 1st. Unless they decided the pricing strategy the day before, then they also knew they'd be offering up a $44,999 vehicle to qualify as a base model, and were just waiting for the day to enact the change.
I literally asked, multiple times, about the rebate and was told Tesla would in no way qualify.
Of course the idiotic government shouldn't have even set a limit, but that's besides the point.
Sour grapes... The fact is Tesla is not utopia. Tesla is not perfect neither are you. If you feel that strongly vote with your money. Sell your Tesla and support another EV manufacturer. Simple.

I got a SR+ in March. Do I feel sour, a little bit but I don't blame Tesla. That is just how the market works, no different from other manufactures that have different incentives every month. Right now, I just have the urge to get another one and get 10k off.

By the way, BC residents that refers someone to get a car don't get the referral benefits. Only the person that buys the car with a referral will get free supercharging. Search "VSA referral". It is illegal in BC to give a reward or fee for referring someone to purchase a car. found out this the hard way when I referred my friend last week. Feels like a double whammy, no free supercharging and losing out on the federal incentive.

Now now do I convince my wife that we need another model 3.

No matter how much you paid, your car is better than the MY2008 Tesla Roadster which would be 120,000 USD in 2019 money.

That car is not supercharging, it's not doing AP, etc, etc.

Gotta look at perspective and the big picture my friend.

No matter how much you paid, your car is better than the MY2008 Tesla Roadster which would be 120,000 USD in 2019 money.

That car is not supercharging, it's not doing AP, etc, etc.

Gotta look at perspective and the big picture my friend.

No no no. Your Roadster is glorious beyond compare. I remember the evolution spawned by the AC Propulsion yellow trailer-towing beast and gluing myself to anything Tesla back in 2006 (and since).

That was a great time! The Roadster will be in museums around the world, and its kind in heliocentric orbit for centuries to come.

.. That said, I know what you mean brother. Being the extreme EV nerd I am I certainly don't take any molecule of the Model 3 for granted. It's technological underpinnings seem almost betrayed by its relatively low price.

Tesla is suffering growing pains as can been seen by the marketing chaos. I'm just salty due to the reassurances I was given about them never qualifying for the rebate; I'll get over it eventually :)

Reactions: MXWing
I'm just salty due to the reassurances I was given about them never qualifying for the rebate

Completely understandable and for what it's worth - I don't believe Tesla is capable enough to orchestrate schemes to screw you over intentionally.

They announce overnight - BOOM, stores closing! Staff getting canned! Buy online!

Malls: "Here is a lease contract....."

Tesla: "Oh. I guess we might as well stay open if we have to pay the rent anyway."

YUP. That's Tesla. Most sophisticated systems in the world but couldn't manage a lemonade stand if their lives depended on it.

• Love
Completely understandable and for what it's worth - I don't believe Tesla is capable enough to orchestrate schemes to screw you over intentionally.

They announce overnight - BOOM, stores closing! Staff getting canned! Buy online!

Malls: "Here is a lease contract....."

Tesla: "Oh. I guess we might as well stay open if we have to pay the rent anyway."

YUP. That's Tesla. Most sophisticated systems in the world but couldn't manage a lemonade stand if their lives depended on it.

I completely agree with your comments. I just posted on another page in the forum about my ordeal with them.

They are so disorganized, poorly run, poorly executed. The company's all about vision and not about execution.

When Elon talks about a $500 billion dollar company I laugh. They can't manage their small $40 billion dollar company today!

I completely agree with your comments. I just posted on another page in the forum about my ordeal with them.

They are so disorganized, poorly run, poorly executed. The company's all about vision and not about execution.

When Elon talks about a $500 billion dollar company I laugh. They can't manage their small $40 billion dollar company today!

Yeah. Cathie Wood would make the perfect CEO and I'm sure she'd stop the insanity. Elon could focus on vision and technology, and leave the mundane but important aspects of the company to her. I wonder what it would take to bring her on, or if Elon would even step aside?

As it is, his daily whims seem to play out in real-time which is terrible for customers. I'd say I'm mildly depressed from what's happened to me over the last 33 days! It's like a friend has betrayed me, and although that's a ridiculous comparison my damn subconscious will not let it go.

One thing is for sure, getting a different CEO in place would be good for Elon, the company and the customers. He could still make himself as public as he likes!

By the way, BC residents that refers someone to get a car don't get the referral benefits. Only the person that buys the car with a referral will get free supercharging. Search "VSA referral". It is illegal in BC to give a reward or fee for referring someone to purchase a car. found out this the hard way when I referred my friend last week.

I thought we only missed out on the entries for the free cars - but still got the supercharging credits at least. Lame.

I thought we only missed out on the entries for the free cars - but still got the supercharging credits at least. Lame.

I received my 1500km, as did my sponsor in Vancouver. Could it be that Tesla screwed up in my favour for one single time! Not getting our kms would be pretty dirty of the gov.

I remember a couple of new cars back, a dealership (not Tesla) offered me $500 per referral. It seemed legit at the time.

does anyone know how much will Tesla charge in the future for unlocking extra range?
Im still trying to find this out. Is anyone else having trouble getting to speak with a sales parson? Im in Nova Scotia and the closest store is Quebec City. Emails and voice mails go unanswered. Want place my order but not until i understand future “upgrade” costs.