Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of communication and not a clear support page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered loaded white performance on Monday morning, other than the email confirming my order it's been radio silence.

I have logged in constantly to check for updates in my own excitement. I have a checkmark beside registration, trade in (none), and payment.

The payment was arranged through Tesla and I just pressed the confirm button.

I did not upload insurance information as I won't have it until I have a VIN. I'm not sure if it's waiting for me on this or not.

It seems odd I only received the first email monday morning for confirmation of order otherwise nothing, no calls, no emails.

Is this normal?

Same for me and I'm canadian as well. No email/call/text since email on the first day (july 16). I do see the VIN in the source code but have had no communication and been over 9 days. Also I see a delivery date of Aug 5th

Yeah. From my limited experience, they will text you once a car is matched to you to schedule a delivery date/time and you will be given a VIN. No communication in between.

If you're really lucky like me, they will call to cancel it 2 hours before pick up appointment and remove the VIN from your account. And then given more radio silence. I'm a bit irritated - sorry. Most seem to go smoothly though.

Maybe someday in the future Tesla will add a protocol to call customers after an order is placed to acknowledge the order and thank them for their business, and explain what the next steps are. But the company is a long way away from having anything close to that level of personal touch in place and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. It’s never been a priority for Elon to fuss over those things.

Yes same thing with mine. Order, received email, wait about 2 weeks, received a text to set appointment date, set it. Then got a call to move date by a couple days, then went to pick up car.

I think all I would like extra is some notifications as the car was built and then shipped etc. I don't really want to talk to a human.

Last edited: