Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of window down status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that it is a big issue, but it would be nice if the Tesla phone app warns me that my windows are down when I remotely turn on the AC. Yesterday was a rather warm day here and I turned on the AC from the app. When I went to drive the car (parked in the garage), I realized that I had left all the windows rolled down earlier in the day. Duh!

I agree, there should some kind of display similar to the seat heating showing the status of the windows and allowing to move up and down the windows.

In particular if I have passengers, they might have rolled down the windows on the passenger side and I would not be able to notice it unless I was turning around the car. They might also touch the wrong button to open the door.

Also, sometime when I exit the car, because it is a little lower than other cars, I might have touch one of windows control while I was putting my hand on the door handside to help myself to raise up.

There should be at least some warning if you lock the car with at list one of the windows not completely up.

Not that it is a big issue, but it would be nice if the Tesla phone app warns me that my windows are down when I remotely turn on the AC. Yesterday was a rather warm day here and I turned on the AC from the app. When I went to drive the car (parked in the garage), I realized that I had left all the windows rolled down earlier in the day. Duh!
In the U.S., there is a regulation that prohibits closing windows remotely when more than 6 meters away from the vehicle. See §571.118 S4 (d) at https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2011-title49-vol6/pdf/CFR-2011-title49-vol6-sec571-118.pdf

However, providing remote status would be nice.

So disappointed! I want to leave my windows partially down on a hot day and have them go up automatically if it starts to rain. Cabin over temperature feature helps, but doesn't do a great job without A/C which hits the range pretty hard.

I would've expected the cabin air blower set to fresh air would do better than it does to keep the temp down.

Oh well.