Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pathetic splitter!

On I-75, splits 122.6 miles, 20 miles from Cincinnati, OH and 103.7 miles to Lima, OH. Although it's not really a bad gap. There are a couple of options in the Dayton, OH area, an 11 mile, 16 minute diversion to Dayton, OH or a stop at the restricted hours Moraine (SC), OH service center Supercharger.

Socorro, NM is open. It was at #7, splitting 150.2 miles

#25 is now I-29, 125.8 miles from St. Joseph, MO to Council Bluffs, IA.
As always, Tesla is doing a great job at covering interstates with Superchargers. When there is no direct interstate route between locations, such as the one you point out (which I drove last week), one sometimes must make a choice between a shorter route on smaller highways or longer on interstates with more Supercharger coverage.
Patience is necessary. A few years ago, we were rooting to get I-40 and I-10 covered without long detours. Then, it was the north-south routes such as I-29. Before that, it was I-80. Nobody is complaining about interstate coverage today. Progress is being made.

No but it’s a main route between I-29 and I-80, saving more than 50 miles of travel.

This thread is just dealing with single Interstates start to end, gaps between Start/Supercharger and Supercharger/End. This is about passing through.

I have records of transition distances that I update periodically. I haven't posted those and when I do I'll put them into a different thread.

But your trip wouldn't apply to that either as it isn't a journey between Superchargers and it has a large chunk of US and State highways. Those kind of trips (in the sense of leg of a journey) are a whole different matter entirely.

This thread is just dealing with single Interstates start to end, gaps between Start/Supercharger and Supercharger/End. This is about passing through.

I have records of transition distances that I update periodically. I haven't posted those and when I do I'll put them into a different thread.

But your trip wouldn't apply to that either as it isn't a journey between Superchargers and it has a large chunk of US and State highways. Those kind of trips (in the sense of leg of a journey) are a whole different matter entirely.
Ok. Make a new list for distances between chargers of 100 miles. My error. That said, the St Joe Missouri to Lincoln is from one Tesla supercharger to the next available on a major interstate route. Out here, it isn’t often possible to drive 100% on federal interstates as there are few connections between them. ABRP said, in a late fall trip, that this route was undriveable for me in a MX, probably due to cold and wind. I will cease commenting.

Ok. Make a new list for distances between chargers of 100 miles. My error. That said, the St Joe Missouri to Lincoln is from one Tesla supercharger to the next available on a major interstate route. Out here, it isn’t often possible to drive 100% on federal interstates as there are few connections between them. ABRP said, in a late fall trip, that this route was undriveable for me in a MX, probably due to cold and wind. I will cease commenting.
It is perfectly easy to drive from St Joe to Lincoln via interstate. It just isn't the shortest or fastest route when you go via Council Bluffs, IA. Its fairly easy to go via I-29 and NE-2, however, even with the long distance with most Tesla ranges.

Splitters added to the Open list:
#86 I-30 Dallas - S Riverfront Blvd, TX splits 101 miles, 16.8 miles from Arlington, TX, 88.7 miles to Lindale, TX
#26: I-43 Glendale, WI splits 125.8 miles, 77 miles from Start (I-39 near Beloit, WI), 49.4 miles to Sheboygan, WI

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1

Supercharge.info gives 147.8 miles from St Joseph, MO to Lincoln, NE. That's why I thought you were talking about travel to a destination in the Lincoln, NE area.

The thing is though that it's a transition from a stretch with a larger gap. It's obvious that transitions off larger gaps are likely to produce large gaps. As those larger gaps are split, many of the transitions to places relatively close to the intersections are split.

For example if Tesla were able to get a location off I-29 Exit 10 in Percival, IA (where there are a few of gas stations and motels), that would split it 88.6, 38.9, and also handle the transition. But pretty much any reasonable split south of that exit would also solve the transition problem.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Added to Open list:.
I-16 Dublin, GA splits 103.1 miles, 50.6 miles from Start (I-75 at Macon, GA), 53.2 miles to Metter, GA.

Moved to Open list:
#18 I-25 Pueblo, CO splits 131.7 miles, 88.1 miles from Trinidad, CO, 44.6 miles to Colorado Springs, CO

#25 is now I-80 125.1 miles from Winnemucca, NV to Elko, NV. On Supercharge.info in Permit status as a pathetic splitter in Carlin, NV, 104.5 miles from Winnemucca, NV and 20.9 miles to Elko, NV. Carlin, NV is also on the findus map for Q1 2023.

Moved to Open list
#15 I-95 Waterville, ME pathetically splits 133.1 miles, 19.1 miles from Augusta, ME, 114.4 miles to Medway, ME

#25 is now 2 of them:
I-25 124 miles from Las Vegas, NM to Trinidad, CO
I-27 124 miles from Start (Lubbock, TX) to End (Amarillo, TX)

Added to Open list:
I-91 St. Johnsbury, VT splits 109.7 miles, 65.9 miles from West Lebanon, NH to End (Canada @ Derby Line, NH) 45.8 miles

Reactions: Prairie
Splitter! On I-70, splits 104.5 miles, 23.5 miles from Salina, KS and 81.7 miles to Topeka, KS.
This should be a big help, as Salina, KS is a 6-stall v2. A couple of months ago, half the stalls were out in Salina, causing lines.

Reactions: PLUS EV and Prairie

Splitter! On I-65, Evergreen, AL will split 128.3 miles, 94 miles from Mobile, AL, 34.5 miles to Greenville, AL.

It's listed as opening Q1 2023 on Tesla findus.

This is currently #20 on the largest gaps list.

Last edited: