Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2016 Black P100DL, AP1, Free Supercharging, 40000 Highway Only Miles, $85,999

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont want a glass roof on a almost $100K car, I want a sunroof. I configured a new inventory car and cant get anywhere near $80K for the options I want. The car you posted had no Ludicrous, No Pano sunroof and I want both those options.

No deal meant I wouldn't buy that car when I can get one for less that has both those options.

I dont want a glass roof on a almost $100K car, I want a sunroof. I configured a new inventory car and cant get anywhere near $80K for the options I want. The car you posted had no Ludicrous, No Pano sunroof and I want both those options.

No deal meant I wouldn't buy that car when I can get one for less that has both those options.
There is no sunroof option being built anymore so if you want to order a car with it you can’t but do get glass included. Ludicrous is a software option available on any new performance car that is now free and activated for any current owner for free, so that car would have it too.

I get it, free is a relative term, it just means Tesla cut the top end price by $20K and just screwed the poor bastard who is trying to sell his car in this thread.

I don't get why Tesla killed the pano sunroof or the carbon fiber trim or leather, its like they don't look at any market data and just make wild ass decisions without really looking at what their top customers have bought in the past. All three of my Model S's and over 75% of them sold have pano sunroofs. This seems very short sighted, I will sit this one out until they figure out the FU and watch the sales of the S fall.

I have argued that the P should come with mono-block forged wheels standard in 19" and optionally 21" Arachnids. Also Carbon fiber is king in the high performance space, leather - love the smell of it in my car - its kinda like filet mignon of seating surfaces, the car just seems to be losing some sizzle, they would be really easy to get back.

Ideas on bringing the sizzle back:
1. Sunroof
2. Carbon Fiber Trim
3. Leather, it's the Filet Mignon of seating services and this isn't a Hyundai - keep the plastic for the 3.
4. Mono-block Forged Alloy wheels in 19 inch stock and optionally 21 inch.
5. Noise Cancelling for quiet cabin experience
6. premium service center phone number and support for P100D's
7. towing option - this will help crush European sales.
8. Distinctive aero kit for P100D, so it doesn't look like a Model S 40, 60, 70, 75, 85, 90, or 100D
9. Longer standard warranty for the Model S vs the Model 3
10. Paint options beyond primary colors (electric blue would like great on an S)

This is an extreme car and it should be pushing the limits of tech in all areas, not just the FSD, which is all the leadership at Tesla cares about these days, some of us will not pay for it (me), $6K to be a beta tester, I'll pass.

Thanks Xeno. Yeah definitely getting killed by the cut in price. Agree on some of those sizzle items, but I value the FSD over all of them, so it's worth the cost (for me at least).

Have a few good offers off eBay I'm considering. If all else fails, then Tesla trade-in isn't a horrible option (considering it'll save me a chunk on taxes).