Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Referral Program info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I correct understand the Free miles thing, but not the same for Y and R2020 raffle AND the BOLD part on "credits to spend in services, accessories..." Which Credits? and how they worth ? 1 referral = one credit? and during 5000 miles period = 5 credits? and the value of 1 credit ? 10USD? 100? 1000? 5000?
BTW on early programs a referral over the first 5 , was about 5000USD because the 2% discount on the Roadster 2020.

on Tesla.com/support/referral-program under LIMITS
" Related vehicle orders must be placed on or after May 30, 2019. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered to qualify for awards. Model Y and used vehicle orders are not eligible. New or leased Model S, Model X and Model 3 orders are eligible. Orders must be placed through an active referral link in order to qualify for referral benefits. Founders Series Model Y drawings happen on a monthly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around May 1, 2019. Founders Series Roadster drawings occur on a quarterly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around July 1, 2019. Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products. Referral credits cannot be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments. Free Supercharger miles will apply to any.."

There is a lot of generic language in there that is not applicable to the current referral promotion. All you get is 1,000 free supercharger miles to be used within six months of the purchase date. In the past there were dollar credits that could be used at the service center but those promotions are long gone.

There is a lot of generic language in there that is not applicable to the current referral promotion. All you get is 1,000 free supercharger miles to be used within six months of the purchase date. In the past there were dollar credits that could be used at the service center but those promotions are long gone.
Yes, but there are rules! Tesla can't write rules and say:" They are not valid...they are old , discontinued..."

Yes, but there are rules! Tesla can't write rules and say:" They are not valid...they are old , discontinued..."

@OCR1 gave you the answer as we understand it. If that answer doesnt work for you, try contacting tesla and see if they give you a different one. Also, your location shows as "milano", so I am going to go out on a limb and assume you are not in the US. Its entirely possible there is something different happening in your area than in the US where many of us are.

I personally think when you contact tesla they will tell you "there are no credits, you get 1k miles for referrals", but.. if you think they will tell you something different contact them and find out.

Your statement of "they cant say that" is false, because they absolutely CAN say "oh well the website has not been updated..." Tesla is not very good at communication in general.

Please I don't want to start a battle with you. But in the official Tesla web site under the current Referral program:
"Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products".
Yes I'm in Italy and the "/it " web site has the same (traslated) .
I'm sure you are right (Nothing else than the free miles...) but it's interesting how a Big Company like Tesla (that I love...) is showing a referral program with these rules.
Yes i asked and they know nothing about this statement in bold. (at least in Italy)

"Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products"...

It's a generic statement that covers both past, present, and future credits.

There different kinds of credits.

Current credit offers do not credit you in the money unit but in miles of Supercharging. Since it is not in the money unit, I don't think you can cash the miles of Supercharging into money to buy non-supercharging services and products.

As a matter of fact, prior to this credit in miles, the previous credits were rewarded in $100 credit which of course you can use it for Tesla services and products as well. And looked like the $100 credit would drain Tesla other services and products so they switched it into current miles, not money so the only thing that's drained is electricity.

Also, prior referrals on Solar would get you $400 cash or $750 credits that you could buy Tesla services and products.

So, although you cannot buy Tesla services and products with current miles credit now, Tesla still does not delete the above statement because it might still be applicable for the past 1-year limit and Tesla might someday in future award credits in money value as well.

It's a thoughtful and accurate statement.