Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest stay at home orders and potential impacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else worried about potential delays and ability to pick up and/or have our new cars delivered? I myself will be picking up in Fremont (if I ever get a VIN), I would hope the state and county would still allow us to pick up with the contactless delivery they have in place now. What does everyone think?

Unless further orders are imposed, I wouldn't worry about it. Ever since they reopened the Fremont factory, they have managed to keep the supply and delivery chain flowing through CONUS and Canada.

One thing that might change is your individual delivery method and location. Late in Q3, Tesla seemed to revise its policy about who gets home delivery vs. showroom pickup. People who were too far from a delivery facility got the car trucked to them. They also open new delivery centers and will reassign you without checking with you first (that's what happened to people on the SF Peninsula when the Serramonte facility opened).

Now, if the factory has to shut down again, then all bets are off.