Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Summons (across a busier lot) Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG people. This guy just pressed a button on his phone, and his car backed out of a spot at the mall and drove to him. DROVE TO HIM. That is freakin crazy. All great technology starts somewhere. I bought a tesla to be part of that amazing and exciting process. I wish there wasnt so much negativity in these blogs. It's hard to even read them anymore. That video was Cooool! My inner child was like...omg...omg...omg....LOL. :)

OMG people. This guy just pressed a button on his phone, and his car backed out of a spot at the mall and drove to him. DROVE TO HIM. That is freakin crazy. All great technology starts somewhere. I bought a tesla to be part of that amazing and exciting process. I wish there wasnt so much negativity in these blogs. It's hard to even read them anymore. That video was Cooool! My inner child was like...omg...omg...omg....LOL. :)

I know right?
People are like "it takes too long time to do that xyz."

I'm like:
What other vehicle does that currently?
Is this it - people think TESLA or whoever else will stop development??
So people driving themselves really tear through busy mall lots with all that cross traffic??? hmmm....

The negativists who own Teslas - I'm wondering why they are even here with their closed minds to possibilities.
On the tip of seeing innovation & they're thumbing down.

Lots of keyboard critics with not a lot of real world experiences to align that to; like do they know how hard AI/ML/DL is to execute??

Don't even get me started on the instant gratification & ADD.
Nor the video is bad but yet in post 23 some1 posted a better quality one.

Eeeash.

Last edited:
I know right?
People are like "it takes too long time to do that xyz."

I'm like:
What other vehicle does that currently?
Is this it - people think TESLA or whoever else will stop development??
So people driving themselves really tear through busy mall lots with all that cross traffic??? hmmm....

The negativists who own Teslas - I'm wondering why they are even here with their closed minds to possibilities.
On the tip of seeing innovation & they're thumbing down.

Lots of keyboard critics with not a lot of real world experiences to align that to.

Agreed!
We have owned our X for over 2 years now. It does more and is faster than the day we bought it. it is honestly the car i dreamed about as a kid. Does it have kinks and quirks....Yes for sure. But I am grateful the oppurnity to even own one, and to experience them.

Agreed!
We have owned our X for over 2 years now. It does more and is faster than the day we bought it. it is honestly the car i dreamed about as a kid. Does it have kinks and quirks....Yes for sure. But I am grateful the oppurnity to even own one, and to experience them.

I mean - when I had a bag phone in the 80's - I never questioned if they were going to get better & that was the end for mobile phones @ bag phone.
Now we all have a supercomputer in our pockets -more powerful than the one that launched the moon rockets.

Problem with the keyboard critics are that they will let you & me take the early adoption hits for them & reap all the benefits when whatever tech it is will get optimized.
You know the types: little mind with little faith but will claim they were there when something occurred - revisionists - haha!

Anyone notice current basic summon has already gotten a bit smarter?

It seems to maneuver more now. Weeks prior it would stop half way from reversing out my garage when it comes up to the garbage cans 3 inches up to it. Now it can reverse all the way and giving a foot of clearance from the cans.

Reactions: ColoradoFun
Agreed!

Well said. Each post I see with many looking for free hardware they didn’t pay for, I wish they would think about all the updates/upgrades that have taken place since they bought it.

A missed point in the thread is that Tesla gets 2 things out of ES. 1) an unregulated setting, parking lots, to conduct real world beta test of their earliest stages of full autonomy and 2) baby steps of introducing the general driving public to self driving cars.

Self-driving will freak most people out, drawing in a lot of uninformed opinions, but if introduced in this limited way they may be more open-minded when it comes time for regulators to start deciding on fully developed software regulations.
Yes, it’s a party trick and a YouTube post for us owners, with only rare practical use, but it’s a beginning important step for Tesla to take in their long path to autonomy. So, I think it makes a lot of sense to have this step now.

Reactions: T-Will and VQTRVA
When I have a leaking tire;
I’ve had to inspect my tires on my BMW many times to try to find where the screw in it is located.
To do this, I have to get in, roll it 2 feet, get out and inspect, the. Repeat until I find the offending screw in the tire.

I was just thinking, Summon, (not even advanced Summon) might make this process of locating a screw a lot easier.