Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pains guys.
The car has been out for 2 years now so it is time for a upgrade.
Just HK was not the right timing to launch the car.

- - - Updated - - -

I think 100% will be like a phone and computers need to upgrade all the time to fix the bugs and hackers

It will drive to you on private property? What!?!

Tesla Model S adds AWD: Self-driving Auto-Pilot - SlashGear

"There'll be more familiar aids like blind-spot warnings, and self-parking; in fact, you'll be able to get out of the car, and the Model S will automatically open your garage door and then park itself. It'll work the other way, too: if you're on private property, the car can be summoned from your phone, or even check your calendar and be waiting for you on the driveway."

I would love to see that.

temp.jpg

691hp thats more than a Ferrari 458 Italia and faster 0-60 too

0-60mph figure is somewhat academic. Given the MS has no transmission / gear, and its acceleration is almost linear (unlike ICE which has to work through their gears), P85D should be faster in a quarter mile drag race than almost all mass production cars with the exceptions of a handful hypercars such as Bugatti Veron or Mclaren P1 perhaps (yes and they’ll catch up to the MS in little short while).

Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot

Official words from Tesla,

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/blog/dual-motor-model-s-and-autopilot

Keynotes:

1. Customers can order a Dual Motor Model S today. Deliveries of P85D begin in December for North America, to be followed 85D and 60D in February. Deliveries to Europe and Asia will follow in the months afterwards.
  2. The launch of Dual Motor Model S coincides with the introduction of a standard hardware package that will enable autopilot functionality. Every single Model S now rolling out of the factory includes a forward radar, 12 long range ultrasonic sensors positioned to sense 16 feet around the car in every direction at all speeds, a forward looking camera, and a high precision, digitally controlled electric assist braking system.

If you are going to order a D in Hong Kong, expect "months" after February.