Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lathrop for brand new Model Y built last week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just told my Model Y is at Lathrop. Still has not come down to Burbank. Anyone know why a new Model Y would go from Fremont to Lathrop? I thought Lathrop only produced megapacks. There were rumors that Lathrop was producing the new front casting but I never saw it confirmed. I'm suppose to get the car delivered tomorrow but instead of getting on a transport in Fremont the car was moved to Lathrop. Anybody have info on what happens at Lathrop for Model Y's?

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 109
I was just told my Model Y is at Lathrop. Still has not come down to Burbank. Anyone know why a new Model Y would go from Fremont to Lathrop? I thought Lathrop only produced megapacks. There were rumors that Lathrop was producing the new front casting but I never saw it confirmed. I'm suppose to get the car delivered tomorrow but instead of getting on a transport in Fremont the car was moved to Lathrop. Anybody have info on what happens at Lathrop for Model Y's?
There is a big Tesla facility in Lathrop which predates the Mega Pack factory and I believe is a completely separate property. It’s been there a long time, 4-5 years or more. I was never entirely clear what the facility was for, but I’ve seen inventory cars there on and off when looking for a car. Its right outside the Bay Area along 205 and likely an easy place for Tesla to stage inventory.

There is a big Tesla facility in Lathrop which predates the Mega Pack factory and I believe is a completely separate property. It’s been there a long time, 4-5 years or more. I was never entirely clear what the facility was for, but I’ve seen inventory cars there on and off when looking for a car. Its right outside the Bay Area along 205 and likely an easy place for Tesla to stage inventory.

Thank you. Sounds like just another overflow lot as they wait for transports.