Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawsuit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have no idea whatsoever who is right or wrong in this situation.
was it management who was out line or disputes between workers? the younger crowd with their safe space culture are in big trouble if they're going to seek legal remedies for their personality flaws.
People are not always compatible and most people are able to work around an ahole in the workplace.
or in other words grow thicker skin if a coworker says something nasty. sheesh

Tesla seems more defensive than usual in their reply:

"There is no company on Earth with a better track record than Tesla" - Really?

I agree. It sounds a lot like something that comes out of the mouth of leader the free world. I'm surprised Tesla didn't also give themselves 10 out of 10 when it comes to handling these issues. There's no one better than them! Well, on Earth, at least. We'll leave it open that on other planets it's a possibility -- but on Earth -- Tesla is the best of out everyone on Earth! It nauseating and just pure spin -- but you failed to quote the spin part:

There is no company on Earth with a better track record than Tesla, as they would have to have fewer than zero cases where an independent judge or jury has found a genuine case of discrimination. This is physically impossible.

So what Tesla's PR person is saying that no court or independent judge or jury has found Tesla guilty to date, and technically that's true. But it's easy to defeat that argument with only one word: Weinstein.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not equating Harvey Weinstein to Tesla's culture. I'm just saying that no independent judge or jury has found him guilty of anything (yet) too. So Weinstein can make the same argument Tesla is making, as can his companies. -- which shows you the nonsense and BS Tesla is feeding us by taking that position in defence of the allegations. The statement makes good points before this bizarre ending and it should have ended without adding these last two sentences. As you point out, they make Tesla appear more defensive than usual, which makes me think perhaps there is a cultural problem at Tesla.

We all know there's companies out there with a better track record on these issues than Tesla. Please don't insult our intelligence Tesla by telling us you're the best. It only makes you look silly at best and deceitful at worst.

the younger crowd with their safe space culture are in big trouble if they're going to seek legal remedies for their personality flaws.

Yes, let's blame the younger crowd and their safe space culture for this problem. :rolleyes: If the kids of today are so bad, as you claim, there's only one group to blame -- the generation that made them that way.

It's easy to place blame but harder to analyze the situation and try to move forward as a society in a just and equitable manner. We seem to forget that only a generation ago you found barely any females in the workplace, and if you did they were secretaries or nurses, rather than lawyers and doctors, and in all other professions, as we see today. The past was so great! (sarcasm) Plus, there were no gays. Well, there were, we just never really acknowledged it, and forced them to marry the opposite sex. It's still that way in many parts of the world today. Why some people want to go back to that is beyond me. Actually, it's not beyond me since we are told it's against god. God made gays, but they're not allowed to be gay. That makes sense. Let's believe an old book written by desert dwellers which promotes slavery and genocide, has been proven wrong with science, but is the "word of God". What nonsense.

We all need to follow proper work place etiquette and move forward inclusively, at least in my view. The courts have a role to play in this process and anyone sexually harassed should make full use of the legal system since that's the best deterrent for bad behaviour, in my view. And even if it's not a deterrent to some, it's punishment, and I sure hope Weinstein gets his due share. In some other societies they don't allow access to the legal system for these types of issues, or if they do it's the victim that's blamed, much like we see some here do. Now perhaps in Tesla's case there is no victim, and Tesla is in the right, and the complainant is in the wrong, but that's why we have a legal system -- to get to the facts and truth and order remedies if appropriate. I sure wouldn't want it any other way but I know some here think otherwise and would rather go back to the good ol' days.

I'm very impressed with the youth of today. It's the older generation that scares me.

Last edited:
Yes, let's blame the younger crowd and their safe space culture for this problem. :rolleyes: If the kids of today are so bad, as you claim, there's only one group to blame -- the generation that made them that way.
it could be the case in some circles, not in the ones I run in. my younger son had an issue with an abusive coworker, one stairway meeting and things settled down, programmers aren't used to being told to knock it off. no safe space necessary.

"Both worked for third-party" - so much for "Tesla" news.

I don't see the relevancy of excluding responsibility if the scene of the crime is committed by 2 contracted workers.

It's true that they are not Tesla workers but those contracted workers worked under Tesla supervisors who decided which assembly line they should report to...

Tesla admits that it did get involved:

"Tesla still stepped in to try to keep these individuals apart from one another and to ensure a good working environment."

The lawyer claims that Tesla's approach to the problem is "revolting" as “This is classic ‘blame the victim’.”

When the plaintiff complained to plant manager Dave Rebagliati who eventually stated "there’s no place for handicapped people at Tesla” and fired the plaintiff "for a perceived disability", a 16 year-old wrist scar which according to a doctor who confirmed that the plaintiff was able to perform work duties.

funny, but apples and oranges
harvey took advantage of young, naive people who needed him to get a foot in the door, far different from an abusive coworker.

The lawsuit has named Tesla as a defendant and Tesla seems to go off topic by saying these are among abusive contracted workers so it's not their responsibility.

The plaintiff were naive enough to expect that an environmentalist company would have a tolerant atmosphere at the work place and would crack down intolerance.

The lawsuit deals with a powerful Tesla represented by the Plant Manager and Human Resource that took advantage of its vulnerable new contracted worker's naiveté and penalized him for complaining.

The lawsuit has named Tesla as a defendant and Tesla seems to go off topic by saying these are among abusive contracted workers so it's not their responsibility.

The plaintiff were naive enough to expect that an environmentalist company would have a tolerant atmosphere at the work place and would crack down intolerance.

The lawsuit deals with a powerful Tesla represented by the Plant Manager and Human Resource that took advantage of its vulnerable new contracted worker's naiveté and penalized him for complaining.
C'est la vie

funny, but apples and oranges
harvey took advantage of young, naive people who needed him to get a foot in the door, far different from an abusive coworker.

According to the claim:
'“Watch your back,” a supervisor warned after mocking his clothes for being “gay tight”, Ferro said.

The harassment didn’t stop after he reported it to a manager, and days after he made a second complaint, Ferro was punished, according to his account. An HR representative took away Ferro’s badge, claiming that he had an “injury” that prevented him from working and saying there’s “no place for handicapped people at Tesla”, he alleged.'

So it's his supervisor and the HR representative he's complaining about, not some random coworker.

C'est la vie

Survival of the fittest.

And fittest is usually understood as strongest.

However, as the world is getting more civilized, laws are made to protect even the weakest.

And I think that is what this thread is about.

Tesla is in the position of power and it makes sure its employees sign a non-disclosure agreement so they cannot have jury trial and thus, Tesla can boast:

"There is no company on Earth with a better track record than Tesla, as they would have to have fewer than zero cases where an independent judge or jury has found a genuine case of discrimination."

Fortunately for the plaintiff, he has never been an employee of Tesla so he is not under a Tesla non-disclosure agreement so now he can have his day in court with a jury!