Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor LDCRS Model Y Front Trunk/Rear Trunk/Rear Sub Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question about my rear sub trunk mat. It looks like when they sewed the tag it went through to the top. It’s not a big deal because it’s hidden but is this normal?
6D3D85E6-126A-48A3-A6F9-3FE4C4B75933.jpeg
771996D5-F637-463D-932A-1F4012FA3FDB.jpeg

I have a question about my rear sub trunk mat. It looks like when they sewed the tag it went through to the top. It’s not a big deal because it’s hidden but is this normal? View attachment 836233View attachment 836238
The placement of the mat tag and sewing is correct, what we’re considering moving forward is going away with the tag or change placement due to how the mat looks with the sewing.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I received my trunk/frunk mats and they fit well thanks!

However, they do seem to have some kind of smell that the cabin floor mats don't have. It isn't very strong, but hopefully it goes away after being in the car a little while. (Maybe I am being overly sensitive since I haven't seen anyone else mention it.)

However, they do seem to have some kind of smell that the cabin floor mats don't have. It isn't very strong, but hopefully it goes away after being in the car a little while. (Maybe I am being overly sensitive since I haven't seen anyone else mention it.)
Thanks for the feedback, definitely keep us updated as they shouldn’t have any strong odor since they are made as the same material as the mats. This actually prompts a question we have for the community which we’ll make a new reply for.

Mine had a faint smell when I opened the box but can’t smell it now.

For those who have received the new mats, our goal was to have the same look, feel and quality as our floor mats. However due to the material and quality the price point is higher than some competitors offerings. Is there a preference for the trunk mats to be the same material? We can design other trunk mats with a thinner material, similar to the flexible floor mats which would decrease the price point, but just wanted to post here if there was any preference for the trunk/frunk mats specifically. Thanks!

I have a question about my rear sub trunk mat. It looks like when they sewed the tag it went through to the top. It’s not a big deal because it’s hidden but is this normal? View attachment 836233View attachment 836238

Hi,

Mine was like that too, and I confirmed with them that was how they are currently made. If you dont like the thread there, I was able to rip the tag off, then remove the thread that remained from the tag, and it didnt cause any issues. I just carefully used some small crafting scissors I had to cut the thread, then pulled it out with my fingertips.

You could also likely pull it out with any seamstress type thread cutter.

I took the tags off this way off all pieces (trunk, sub trunk, frunk). No issues with doing it that way.

Hi,

Mine was like that too, and I confirmed with them that was how they are currently made. If you dont like the thread there, I was able to rip the tag off, then remove the thread that remained from the tag, and it didnt cause any issues. I just carefully used some small crafting scissors I had to cut the thread, then pulled it out with my fingertips.

You could also likely pull it out with any seamstress type thread cutter.

I took the tags off this way off all pieces (trunk, sub trunk, frunk). No issues with doing it that way.

If you guys want a pic of what it looks like after I removed the tag and thread, I can do that.

Reactions: MP3Mike