Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Learn every day (traffic impact)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going for 75 miles ride on Thursday morning. Estimates were for 1h24 to get there (as per iMap) with 55% remaining charge (as per Tesla Nav).

Took 2h45 minutes.

I arrived with 55% remaining charge.

Outside temperature was around 70F.

Never realized the benefit of EV in high traffic: when you’re stop, you don’t consume much versus a ICE that gives you range anxiety if you have not it full to start with.

I was going for 75 miles ride on Thursday morning. Estimates were for 1h24 to get there (as per iMap) with 55% remaining charge (as per Tesla Nav).

Took 2h45 minutes.

I arrived with 55% remaining charge.

Outside temperature was around 70F.

Never realized the benefit of EV in high traffic: when you’re stop, you don’t consume much versus a ICE that gives you range anxiety if you have not it full to start with.
don't get too comfortable/complacent based on this one example. with your seasons changing up there, weather conditions could have a severe impact on that very same trip

don't get too comfortable/complacent based on this one example. with your seasons changing up there, weather conditions could have a severe impact on that very same trip
Absolutely agree. That’s why I mention the outside temperature. I start being extra careful when rate at destination is estimated around 25%. I make sure I know where to charge 50 miles from destination in any case, especially winter.

Yes, and in inclimate weather, it is best to be very conservation. Yesterday we left with a range of 200 miles plus on a 110 mile trip. The headwind was a gusting to 30 mph with heavy rain and 40- 45 degree temperatures. We barely made it to our destination, 10 miles left. After charging to about 240 miles of range, we returned. I assumed with a tail wind that we would do much better on the return. It was still raining and chilly out. We had about 82 miles of range left once home. 400= kWh/h into wind at 55 - 60 mph and return at 350 kWh with the wind and rain at 65 mph. I did not realize how much rain can impact mileage. By contrast, on a recent trip of 3690 miles to the SW, our average energy use was 305 kWh/mile.