Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing a MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won't they dont let you on the Model 3. Also leasing will be a few months away, Tesla took a while on the 3 so I would assume the same here.

Not that I could guarantee it, but I don't think there's any chance that Tesla doesn't allow lease buyouts for M3 within the next couple of years. FSD is just... nowhere near ready for their robotaxi ambitions. They're not even done with the FSD core software re-write. Taking in that much inventory just to sit on it while it continues to depreciate for the next several years (possibly longer) is basically a non-starter.

Not that I could guarantee it, but I don't think there's any chance that Tesla doesn't allow lease buyouts for M3 within the next couple of years. FSD is just... nowhere near ready for their robotaxi ambitions. They're not even done with the FSD core software re-write. Taking in that much inventory just to sit on it while it continues to depreciate for the next several years (possibly longer) is basically a non-starter.

I agree. When did Tesla start first leasing Model 3? 2018? We'll know in 2021 when the first leases end.