Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at placing an order to lease a M3 here in the UK. Can anyone recommend a lease company for price & service?

Thanks
Andy
I found it quite a challenge to marry the two together, but there are a few truths about leasing that you should know, namely there are very few companies who actually finance the cars. Most others simply resell products. When I looked for my own it became quite clear that LeasePlan were behind all of the agreements and while their customer service isn't quite as personal as some others I found it good enough and when faced with the certainty that they'd be involved in some capacity anyway, I decided to go with them.

LeasePlan are very hands off, so I go directly to Tesla for issues which cuts them out of the loop. I expect the next time I speak with LeasePlan will be at the end of my term.

Oh and do your own research etc, etc.

I found it quite a challenge to marry the two together, but there are a few truths about leasing that you should know, namely there are very few companies who actually finance the cars. Most others simply resell products. When I looked for my own it became quite clear that LeasePlan were behind all of the agreements and while their customer service isn't quite as personal as some others I found it good enough and when faced with the certainty that they'd be involved in some capacity anyway, I decided to go with them.

LeasePlan are very hands off, so I go directly to Tesla for issues which cuts them out of the loop. I expect the next time I speak with LeasePlan will be at the end of my term.

Oh and do your own research etc, etc.

I always found LeasePlan to be quite a bit more expensive than the brokers, even if they are a middle man they were offering much better pricing.

There is a big Model 3 lease thread Model 3 Leasing various people have got good deals from OctopusEV, Pink car leasing, drive electric etc

OctopusEV have been really good with me, I think mainly because the team there are great to deal with.

Cyril was (and still is) really helpful. I’ve got their current prices on a standard car over 4 years vs PCP if you’d like me to PM you it?

Looking at placing an order to lease a M3 here in the UK. Can anyone recommend a lease company for price & service?

Thanks
Andy
I used Octopus ev who seemed very good quick at responding and we're cheapest I could find, I do 20,000 miles per year but found it better to state 10,000 per year and then pay the additional milage charge as this for me was very low (A lot lower than other companies)
Obviously that was my experience with them you may find better else where.

Last edited by a moderator:
OctopusEV have been really good with me, I think mainly because the team there are great to deal with.

Cyril was (and still is) really helpful. I’ve got their current prices on a standard car over 4 years vs PCP if you’d like me to PM you it?
I used Cyril who was really helpful. And produced lots of different payment examples (3yr/4yr etc) for review.

I used Octopus ev who seemed very good quick at responding and we're cheapest I could find, I do 20,000 miles per year but found it better to state 10,000 per year and then pay the additional milage charge as this for me was very low (A lot lower than other companies)
Obviously that was my experience with them you may find better else where.

Sadly the decent mileage prices have gone, as they changed providers

We pressed the button on a model3 SR+ a couple of weeks ago with Leaseplan. They ended up being more competitive than any of the other main ones for us. Think it was the high milage that did it!

Not heard anything from them for a while now though. Last they said was Tesla would contact us to link the accounts?!?

We pressed the button on a model3 SR+ a couple of weeks ago with Leaseplan. They ended up being more competitive than any of the other main ones for us. Think it was the high milage that did it!

Not heard anything from them for a while now though. Last they said was Tesla would contact us to link the accounts?!?
Double check with Leaseplan/Tesla to see that the order has been placed with Tesla. Have you signed all the lease documents etc?

I got an email from Tesla the day after I signed the lease documents, asking me to setup my account.

After you have a Tesla account and the vehicle shows up with an RN when you log in, it will be a long silent wait i'm afraid. Exactly 3 month wait for me, and I didn't hear from Tesla at all until I got a call yesterday when they gave me the reg, collecting tomorrow.

Reactions: Ukmgranger

Thanks
Andy
I've so far had a good price and good experience with carleaseSpecialOfers (which is essentially the web side of Wessex Fleet). Communication from them has been great and the price was one of the most competitive I got on a M3 LR AWD.

Double check with Leaseplan/Tesla to see that the order has been placed with Tesla. Have you signed all the lease documents etc?

I got an email from Tesla the day after I signed the lease documents, asking me to setup my account.

After you have a Tesla account and the vehicle shows up with an RN when you log in, it will be a long silent wait i'm afraid. Exactly 3 month wait for me, and I didn't hear from Tesla at all until I got a call yesterday when they gave me the reg, collecting tomorrow.
All the lease docs have been signed and we have had a confirmation (with order ref) of the order from Leaseplan.

The email then goes on:

"What happens next?
Your vehicle has been ordered with Tesla Motors who will shortly contact you on our behalf to check the full details of your vehicle with you."

I'll give Leaseplan a shout to let them know I've not heard anything I think.

All the lease docs have been signed and we have had a confirmation (with order ref) of the order from Leaseplan.

The email then goes on:

"What happens next?
Your vehicle has been ordered with Tesla Motors who will shortly contact you on our behalf to check the full details of your vehicle with you."

I'll give Leaseplan a shout to let them know I've not heard anything I think.

Im the same M3P ordered 28/10 and got what looks like the same email as you.
But nothing shows in my Tesla Account. (other than a referral code link)
I did query it with LeasePlan and although i was told before the order that it would all link up, its apparently totally normal for it to take a few weeks from LeasePlan ordering, til you actually hear anything from Tesla.

Reactions: Ukmgranger