Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave car outside in November at EWR airport for a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turn off anything that might keep the car awake:

1. Sentry mode (this will keep the car awake constantly, causing 20-40 miles of range lost per 24 hours, so turn it off)
2. Cabin overheat protection
3. Dont "check on the car" via the tesla app more than once or twice a day, every time you do it wakes the car.
4. Ensure any and all third party apps that can access the car are configured properly to not wake the car (if you have any of those)

If you make sure the car is not being kept awake, or woken needlessly, you should expect 2-5 miles per day lost. So, 14 to 30 miles in a week.. probably closer to 14 than 30. If you have sentry mode on, though (for example you will lose probably 20 miles per day.

Reactions: Red Ryder 3
You forgot one. You got Sentry Mode, but Summon Standby Mode is a pretty big waste draw too. If you get those two big ones, the rest won't matter too much for just a week.

I usually forget that one. I have FSD, but turned off summon standby the same day they had the option to do so, so forget its an option (lol).

Reactions: Rocky_H
To be sure that it is off can I also unplug hard drive from glove box?
I havent tried that but dont think it would guarantee sentry is off (someone will correct me if thats wrong, though). The easiest thing is, once you park and get out, walk into wherever you are going, then 10 minutes later or so, open the tesla app and check to ensure sentry mode is off in the tesla app. If its on, the app will show its on, and you can disable it there.