Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S/X with camera upgrade got FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I still need to wait for a message in the inbox to get the camera upgrade appointment? I don’t see it as a service choice in the app.
Yes, looks like this
FA10AEA6-0DAF-45C0-953C-DD2C123AC7A2.jpeg

Does anyone know how many cars needed the camera upgrade, how many have already been done, and what the rate of new upgrade invitations is? SC can't/won't do anything until after an invitation has been issued and nobody seems to know how long this is supposed to take.

I have a 2017 Model S. Still waiting.
Obviously those are really good questions and no one can answer that. But I can ensure that you are not missing much because I personally don’t know anyone that did a retrofit and got FSD beta that’s including myself. But I hope you get yours soon

• Informative
Reactions: Richard34212
Obviously those are really good questions and no one can answer that. But I can ensure that you are not missing much because I personally don’t know anyone that did a retrofit and got FSD beta that’s including myself. But I hope you get yours soon
I'm also waiting but don't really care about FSD beta anytime soon. What I do care about is the camera upgrade my painted lines auto park will work. Something I will use several times a day once the camera upgrade is done

Reactions: hitparader
Hey Guys, I'm in Canada in the same boat..bought an X in early 2017..asked the service centre about the camera upgrades they didn't have a timeline of when they will be available...but it's sad to read that you guys who got the upgrade, still didn't get FSD ? Is there any hope for FSD for us Legacy owners ?

Hey Guys, I'm in Canada in the same boat..bought an X in early 2017..asked the service centre about the camera upgrades they didn't have a timeline of when they will be available...but it's sad to read that you guys who got the upgrade, still didn't get FSD ? Is there any hope for FSD for us Legacy owners ?

It’s still in the pipeline hopefully. No new cars have been added to the program in 2022 yet but there are a handful of retrofitted cars that received 10.8 prior to 12/30/21 showing that it’s possible for us to get beta as long as you have the cameras.

It’s still in the pipeline hopefully. No new cars have been added to the program in 2022 yet but there are a handful of retrofitted cars that received 10.8 prior to 12/30/21 showing that it’s possible for us to get beta as long as you have the cameras.
I'm surprised the service centers can't help out in such scenarios by installing FSD for legacy cars...there must be a solution to this...as it's just feels wrong for early adaptors to get disenfranchised like this.

I'm surprised the service centers can't help out in such scenarios by installing FSD for legacy cars...there must be a solution to this...as it's just feels wrong for early adaptors to get disenfranchised like this.

Service Centers have absolutely no control over FSD unfortunately.

I’ve had my S since November 2017 and been participating in Safety Score for 7 months.

You can monitor the thread linked below, this is where all the information seems to get posted first:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/fsd’s-earliest-adopters-still-waiting.243556/

Service Centers have absolutely no control over FSD unfortunately.

I’ve had my S since November 2017 and been participating in Safety Score for 7 months.

You can monitor the thread linked below, this is where all the information seems to get posted first:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/fsd’s-earliest-adopters-still-waiting.243556/
Wow..7 months of safety scores....I've had enough of it after one month...Geez...thanks for the link.

Wow..7 months of safety scores....I've had enough of it after one month...Geez...thanks for the link.

It’s to the point where I physically scream in my car at least once a day if I do any drives over 5 miles. Not exaggerating. 7 months of Safety Score in Los Angeles has quite literally driven me mad. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Anyways have fun!

It’s to the point where I physically scream in my car at least once a day if I do any drives over 5 miles. Not exaggerating. 7 months of Safety Score in Los Angeles has quite literally driven me mad. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Anyways have fun!
Lol, I cant imagine going through that...any talk of going legal against Tesla to get some action done? Would hate to do it, but this just isn't right

Anyways have fun!
Opt out of the safety score. That's what I did. Your stress levels will thank you. Now that you've driven with the safety score on for months and know how to drive to keep your score up, you can re-enter the system if they every start admitting new people to the program.

I have a 2017 MCU1/AP3 Model S with FSD purchased with the car.

Yesterday I filed yet another service request to have my car updated to the FSD software and any required hardware as that is part of what I paid for. Tesla called me a few hours later (on a Saturday) and told me in an excited voice that it was time to upgrade to MCU2 and proceeded to tell me the cost. When I pointed out that this was included in what I paid for they had no answer.

I eventually said "if you can tell me that I will drive out of the service center with the FSD Beta then fine, even though I shouldn't have to, I will pay" and then I got the next line of garbage - "no, no, when you get the MCU upgrade you will then be offered to make another service appointment for the camera upgrade, and when you get that you can request the FSD beta, which can take a while to get added to". Basically no promise of getting the software in any specific time frame, yet they are still trying to get me to pay for hardware that should have been included with the purchase of the car.

They aren't making good on their promise, and I'm getting pissed. Is there any momentum on collective action on this? I'm ready to start escalating past service requests and arguments with Tesla reps.