Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regret purchasing FSD after the Ver 12 "upgrade" being crammed down my throat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I do hate this. I want 1-tap for TACC and 2-tap for FSD. Traffic conditions both in town on the highway are just too variable and FSD does not do variable. I don't even know what the conditions are going to be until I get there.

I hope they implement a way to either enable TACC or FSD based on which button is pressed without having to act like a trained chimp changing driver profiles and putting up with all the hassles caused when your music or seat position changes based on the driver profile.

Yesterday I had to do a bunch of driving around town and FSD 12 was tolerable after I turned off the "minimize lane changes" option but it still made lane changes I didn't want, and I had no control over the steering.

It took FSD 12 to make me realize that I use and need TACC about as much as FSD and I use them both for different situations.

No longer having easy access to TACC and being able to select easily between TACC or FSD just sucks.

I'll keep all this in mind next time I need to buy a car.

I am still learning FSD as I am first experiencing it with the free trial this month. While amazing in many ways I do find it frustrating at times, but the more I use it the better I get at managing it. It also seems to be a bit less buggy since the trial began. Fewer alerts, no phantom breaking.

One thing that does drive me crazy in the system, including the TACC, is how the car will sometimes slow down and limit the speed in even light rain. I find myself taking it out of cruise or FSD so that I’m not holding up traffic.

Reactions: SR-75
I wish Tesla would have a "soft" FSD mode that would allow the user to make small adjustments without a full disengagement. Where this is most useful are roads with potholes. TACC is the mode of choice because FSD needs constant disengagements. I would imagine that would also help with the AI learning but would likely be a huge rework because of the current "nag" requirement.

Reactions: dcfas and SR-75
I wish Tesla would have a "soft" FSD mode that would allow the user to make small adjustments without a full disengagement. Where this is most useful are roads with potholes. TACC is the mode of choice because FSD needs constant disengagements. I would imagine that would also help with the AI learning but would likely be a huge rework because of the current "nag" requirement.

I totally agree. This is one of my main gripes. Case in point recently had 2 cases where car flunked multi lane merges so I had to take over but that takes an extra moment of time and the car twitches which unnerves other drivers.