Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Length of EDD range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the length of EDD range have any significance? As I understand it 2 weeks or less range means VIN is imminent unless the 2 weeks or less is ending at EOQ, in which case there is a distinct possibility of getting moved to next quarter. How about 3 weeks vs 4 weeks? My 8/15 order has always been on a 3 week range but latest EDD change puts me in a 4 week range. You would think Tesla would have a clearer idea of when a particular vehicle would be manufactured closer to the EDD, but in my case we went from a 3 week window to a 4 week window.

Reactions: Naija King
I had a 4 week EDD range for a long time, then a 2 week range for a couple of weeks in November. I moved back to a 4 week EDD range this past weekend. I really thought I was close to a VIN with the 2 week range, but obviously turned out not to be the case.

MYP has a backlog of 11k while MYLR has a backlog of 83K. Fremont capacity is 13K for MYLR and MYP is 4800. This results in a waiting time of 6.4 months for an MYLR and 2.8 months for an MYP. Once Austin reaches steady state pumping out MYLR's it will significantly reduce waiting time. So right now it is easy to give shorter EDD range for MYP's compared to MYLR's. The elephant in the room is Austin. That said, Tesla's schedule is firm for each month and so they give shorter EDD for the next 13k people. They do diverge for sending out cars to NE and East coast a bit out of turn and do the same for CA at quarter end. If they could not deliver for some CA customers, they go back in line for their normal turn. They do the same for deliveries from Shanghai to Europe and domestic supplies within China. New quarter Europe is focus. End of quarter mainly local deliveries in China.

Reactions: SMay24
I had a 4 week EDD range for a long time, then a 2 week range for a couple of weeks in November. I moved back to a 4 week EDD range this past weekend. I really thought I was close to a VIN with the 2 week range, but obviously turned out not to be the case.
@srnewby54 so you went down to a 2 week window in Nov but you still don't have the car and are back on a 4 week window? So no hope for me then since I am back from 2 week window for a couple of weeks back to a 4 week window.

Here is my EDD progression so far. I have no clue whether I am close or far away from VIN/delivery. Crazy system that Tesla has developed.

pubchart.png

Reactions: J1513
Range doesn't matter at all because the first day of your delivery window they will just push you out another month.
It is amazing how a 1 trillion company with such a technologically advanced product has such a jittery and unpredictable order tracking system. After reading all the folks in this forum who talked to their SAs and got an internal production date, I asked mine and got the standard:

The estimate that you see in your Tesla account is the same one that I see and is the best estimate that production has for us.

There are still others who placed their order the same time as you who are also still awaiting their vehicle and we are trying to move as quickly as possible to fulfill everyone's orders!

Hitting my EDD window again tomorrow morning and I have no clue when my turn will come. It could be tomorrow. It could be next month. It could be EOQ. It could be next quarter. Insane!