Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's do a spreadsheet for the 31st!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called the Orlando store. No lines or campers yet. I was gonna swing by after work today to check it out myself, but based on what she said, I should be fine arriving early tomorrow morning.

My local store is in the mall, and the mall doesn't allow campers (that I am aware of....)

But they open one door early for mall walkers. I'll be sneaking in with them.

Reactions: Tam
As of now, reports of lines are:

Australia
Vancouver, Canada
Montreal, Canda
Pasadena, CA
Dedham (Boston), MA
Atlanta - Decatur
Tysons Corner-Tyco Road Service & Store, VA

No reports from Japan, China, Europe

2 more hours for door opening in Sydney, Australia.

There are more pics with lines being gathered on Tesla's Facebook page. Lines shown there that have not been reported above are:

Fort Worth, TX
Walnut Creek, CA
Toronto, Canada

Tesla

Reactions: Tam
Tam, are you interested in having another spreadsheet for line updates? I created a form that has a drop-down of all stores, and I have it output to a spreadsheet, but I can see if 1) you want to run it (I can give you the form I think) or 2) I can try to get the form to output to one of your sheets. The form will prevent vandalism, but I don't want to step on your toes!

A heads up that you can get there earlier if you want since the mall opens for mall walkers at 7:00AM. I'll probably check out your twitter because I still can't decide which place to go to (the service center or the mall - they're only a few miles apart).

Thanks for the heads up but I don't feel like battling traffic on my day off (coming from Bristow). I'll make sure to tweet a pic when I get there #Model3. Sorry to my non-Tesla fan followers, tomorrow I may be a little obnoxious

The spreadsheet was born because we got a tracker for after reservation but not for reservation.

So I naively volunteered for it even though it is not my specialty.

Now I hope that some on can take over it.

Is that you :)
Haha, I'm looking for something that requires no maintenance (hence the form). It would just track line length so people knew how early to leave tomorrow morning, or if it was even worth getting out of be for - it would be useless as of tomorrow afternoon. If you're not keen on running it, I'll just put it up when I get home from work in a bit.

Thank you every one for a great success of self-help spreadsheet for Model ≡ reservation plan.

It was truly a community effort.

I hope it is of some use and I myself can learn a lot from the process.

Special thanks to the one who's been working nonstop on the project, from calculation, clock making, graph making, statistics and so on: Microfrost.

Thanks to eisbock for converting the digital countdown clock to conventional days, hours, minutes format.

Thanks all for all advices.

This spreadsheet has served its purpose so now we move on to the next phase:

Thanks rnelsonee for the continuation of this project with the

Waiting Line Self-Reporting system

And its Spreadsheet Result.

Happy Reservation Day everyone!

I decided to change the Header

"Projected Version You'll Purchase? (Base Battery, Bigger Battery, PXXD)"

to:

"Dreamed Version that You Wish for (Base Battery, Bigger Battery, PXXD?)"

to pacify criticisms that the Header is misleading and people may think it's based on established facts of a final Model ≡ in production and their decisions to make a deposit might be based on that "misleading header.)
But if it is "dreamed version I wish f
Thank you every one for a great success of self-help spreadsheet for Model ≡ reservation plan.

It was truly a community effort.

I hope it is of some use and I myself can learn a lot from the process.

Special thanks to the one who's been working nonstop on the project, from calculation, clock making, graph making, statistics and so on: Microfrost.

Thanks to eisbock for converting the digital countdown clock to conventional days, hours, minutes format.

Thanks all for all advices.

This spreadsheet has served its purpose so now we move on to the next phase:

Thanks rnelsonee for the continuation of this project with the

Waiting Line Self-Reporting system

And its Spreadsheet Result.

Happy Reservation Day everyone!
Big thanks to you starting this!

Unless you park in the "premium parking" or valet, it's free.

I did a scouting run this afternoon while I was over at Home Depot and took some pictures...

And for the visual people:

After you turn right onto Speen Street, you're looking for the traffic light immediately before Nieman Marcus (after you pass the Home Depot light, with HD on the left and the EZ Storage on the right). Turn right at this light, just before Nieman Marcus:View attachment 168320

If you're planning to show up early, don't go to the rotary and main entrance as Bokonon suggests above. Turn left into D parking that is just ahead (~100 yards):

View attachment 168317

When you turn into the garage, there's a fork. You can go left (up) or right (down). Go left, up to level D2:

View attachment 168319

At the top of the ramp, look 45 degrees to the left (ie, 10 o'clock). The red glow is the magical ruby entrance, for the 7 am mall walking crowd. Each entrance is enclosed in different colored glass.

View attachment 168318

Take the ruby escalator up one level. Go straight ahead off the escalator and turn left after passing the back corner of the Burberry store and the mall directory sign. To get to the Tesla store, basically walk along following/hugging the right wall until you come to a store with a red car in it. You can't miss it.;)

Bathrooms are immediately after Tesla, down the hall on the right.

When I stopped by this afternoon, I spoke briefly with Brian (?). He said absolutely, positively, they are taking deposits when the store opens at 10am ET. They have been talking with mall security about expecting a crowd (he says the get "a hundred" calls a day about the 31st), but he wasn't sure exactly how early arrivals (between 7 and 10) would be handled.

EDIT - I should add, there is an Apple store in the mall (2 doors down from the Microsoft store), so this can't be the first time giddy tech geeks show up early to line up.
Shout outs again to tga. These instructions and pictures were fantastic! I would've been flailing about trying to find the appropriate garage entrance.

Great guy.

Got here at 9:20am and the line must have a couple hundred people, stretching all the way to Talbots. It's down to the escalators now.

Shout outs again to tga. These instructions and pictures were fantastic! I would've been flailing about trying to find the appropriate garage entrance.

Great guy.

Got here at 9:20am and the line must have a couple hundred people, stretching all the way to Talbots. It's down to the escalators now.
Glad to help - I got there at 6:45, the mall was already open, and around 30 people were in line already. The first guy said he got there at 6 and the doors were unlocked.