Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's start speculating: Why did Tesla takeaway VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, yes, let's speculate. Maybe they did it because people make wild comments about them failing and it affecting the stock price. Maybe they did it because they get irritated with people making wild speculation about Tesla's ability make 5000 Model 3s a week, or being unable to make them, whatever.

I know it irritates me. Speculation serves no purpose other than entertainment, and speculating on the demise or ability of Tesla is just what the bears want to screw up the stock market with FUD articles, which is irritating. If that's what you want, hey, go for it. But this is not just a fun thing to do to waste time.

90% of the threads on this forum is wasting time. If it's not about some self-entitled thread cause they put down a $1000 two years ago then it's about why their ISA hasn't called them every hour to give an update on the delivery process.

Oh, yes, let's speculate. Maybe they did it because people make wild comments about them failing and it affecting the stock price. Maybe they did it because they get irritated with people making wild speculation about Tesla's ability make 5000 Model 3s a week, or being unable to make them, whatever.

I know it irritates me. Speculation serves no purpose other than entertainment, and speculating on the demise or ability of Tesla is just what the bears want to screw up the stock market with FUD articles, which is irritating. If that's what you want, hey, go for it. But this is not just a fun thing to do to waste time.

Reactions: Trips
If it's not about some self-entitled thread cause they put down a $1000 two years ago

Reservation and order are not the same.

$1000 two years ago that gets refunded any time? Noone cares.
$2500 one months ago that Tesla wants to fight and keep with no car in sight?

You said self entitlement but miss somehow that purchasing gives entitlement legally. Nobody pretends here that Tesla owes free *sugar* to them except getting what was already paid for in the reasonable time.

They are obscuring VIN progress. Now, by the time you see your VIN it's already 4+ weeks old, so we have no idea what VINs are being produced today. It is an obvious malicious effort intended to throw off progress estimators that people spent so much time building.

see post here Wake up with VIN disappeared Room

Pretty sure next thing they do is start chasing @augkuo away from their factory parking lot :eek:. Maybe file in court for a restraining order against his car.

Last edited:
You do all realize that your vin is part of the docs that you signed just after placing your order - right?
Then Tesla signed them and sent them back - complete with your VIN, again.
Just because it isn't on the webpage is irrelevant, the legal doc that you and Tesla signed has it on there.
Just another forum storm in a tea cup.
Nothing to see here, move along