Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with PLCU at 1.5% for 48 months. They were great. I asked about rate lock period because I didn't know when I would get a VIN. They assured me that they'd lock it for as long as I needed. They'd done quite a few Model 3 loans so they were familiar with the VIN uncertainty. The manager would call periodically to see if there was anything they could do during the VIN wait. Going through the loan paperwork was extremely quick and easy.
That's a great rate, was that locked in a WHILE ago? I don't see that rate even for new EV. Good to keep it if you can.

please don't buy this car (or any car) if you need to finance it over 84 months.

I never quite understand this advice. You can pay any amount you want over what's required and if the interest increase is nominal to nonexistent the longer term just gives more flexibility on what you *have* to pay. I understand the point if you only plan to pay the minimum, though...

Reactions: preilly44