Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oregon/Vancouver Metro areas: First Community Credit Union (Great CU) offering 1.99/60 months. I'm locked in for my 75D to come this month, unfortunately I couldn't get them to match any 72 month offers. Main Home - First Community Credit Union

I am going to try them too! I wish auto loan shopping doesn't ding you for multiple shops in a certain time-frame. Mortgage industry gives you 2 weeks or so I think.

That's pretty good. On par with TechCU, I believe. Did you have to have auto-deduct from a checking/savings account? How much did you have to put down?
Not sure it would be a joint loan.. we already have an account there. I am planning a substantial down payment ($20k).. as psychologically I don't want to spend close to $1k a month... it's purely psychological... basically after the tax rebates I would be putting $10k down

So far we haven't even got our vin as yet. We have no applied

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
Thanks for the tip! I called them up and was able to get that 1.99%/60 months offer.

Me too, they are pretty chill! Tesla+Chase gave me 2.99% and FCCU gave me 1.99%. Strongly recommend them for WA & OR residents.

I also contacted Tech CU and they approved me conditionally. Thanked them for their time and FCCU gets my business!

Glad it worked out for you guys! I’ve banked with them for almost 10 years and I’ve never been more satisfied with a bank, our last loan was 0.99/60 on a used car, they always have great rates. My loan officer this go around is Lindsay Mead and she’s been very responsive and easy to work with over email.

Since I got the call from Tesla this week, I went ahead and applied for my loan. I joined Delta Community Credit Union. The rates had gone up .1 % since the rates in January but many of the CUs I was looking at had gone up since then (assuming due to the recent market ‘correction’).

Rates: New Car Loans | Used Car Loans - Delta Community Credit Union

They were great in working with the Tesla inside sales advisor and took care of getting the loan approval document to the ISA to get my delivery set up. They took care of everything and were super accommodating about everything. The ISA told me that it was easier for Tesla if I brought the loan check with me to the delivery instead of them processing things with the CU. I mentioned that to the CU and they contacted the ISA and took care of everything and kept me in the loop. From the time I applied for the loan to the time the ISA had the approval paperwork was less than 20 minutes! And told me they would overnight the check to me so I would be able to schedule my delivery ASAP!

I chose to do the loan process over the phone and I’m glad I did, the CU agent I dealt with even told me how to get $50 for opening an account with them (you have to open an account in order to get a loan). When I called to apply for the loan, they could have just processed everything and not even mentioned anything about the referral $50 program. But she suggested I: 1) join the referral program, 2) open an account, 3) apply for the loan. She could do #2 and 3 over the phone or I could do them online, but joining the referral program FIRST was key.

So if you are planning on using Delta Community CU and need a referral, feel free to use mine below.

Also let me know if anyone wants the CU agent’s name and contact info and I can PM it to you.

Referral link: Earn great rewards!

Today I actually got the notice that I received the $50 from the referral program! I had forgotten all about it! :D

You're welcome.

I was actually talking about getting $50 for opening my DCCU account through the referral program. Once you open your account, you have to make 5 debit card transactions within 60 days and you get $50. I forgot about that requirement, so made a few small debit card transactions last week to meet the 5 transactions requirement. Then I received the email that I got the $50 for opening my account through the referral program.

So if you used the referral, don’t forget about the 5 debit card transactions in 60 days to get your $50. Once I remembered, I used small transactions like buying coffee in the morning, etc. (most less than $2). I just had to make a conscious decision to use the debit card, since I rarely do. It worked!

I was actually talking about getting $50 for opening my DCCU account through the referral program. Once you open your account, you have to make 5 debit card transactions within 60 days and you get $50. I forgot about that requirement, so made a few small debit card transactions last week to meet the 5 transactions requirement. Then I received the email that I got the $50 for opening my account through the referral program.

So if you used the referral, don’t forget about the 5 debit card transactions in 60 days to get your $50. Once I remembered, I used small transactions like buying coffee in the morning, etc. (most less than $2). I just had to make a conscious decision to use the debit card, since I rarely do. It worked!
I did use it but I'm bailing out. I found a local CU that has a slightly better rate but mainly chose them for convenience.

Another example of 'local CU' being the best option. Was all prepped for going with TechCU (since they were familiar with Teslas, and had instant online approval with rate shown - I got the VIN over the weekend and was anxious to make progress when local CU's were closed). Had even gotten an insurance policy with them listed as lienholder.

While waiting for ISA to call, checked a couple local options since they were now open. DFW area, Credit Union of Texas beat TechCU by 49 basis points, with a longer term. All set for 2.0% / 72 months now, after a quick change of my insurance policy :)

Now just to get that purchase agreement and any word of a delivery date.............

Thanks @Joshker for the tip on First Community- I also just locked in 1.99/60mo with them. I've been with First Tech forever, and often pay a slight premium just to keep my stuff all under one roof, but their best offer was 3.25%/60mo, which is just too high a premium...

Thanks again!