Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk software versions - stuck on 2019.35

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new P3D+ with FSD has version 2019.35.106 f83b666. I have switched to Advanced but it is showing up-to-date.I'm connected to my Wi-Fi and have an access point in my garage specifically for the cars. I've even tried the much-disputed holding the Advanced button, or hitting it 5 times - but that does absolutely nothing. Any insight as to why I don't have a 2020 version? I think that I'm missing the latest camp mode and FSD HW version. Not sure what else...

My new P3D+ with FSD has version 2019.35.106 f83b666. I have switched to Advanced but it is showing up-to-date.I'm connected to my Wi-Fi and have an access point in my garage specifically for the cars. I've even tried the much-disputed holding the Advanced button, or hitting it 5 times - but that does absolutely nothing. Any insight as to why I don't have a 2020 version? I think that I'm missing the latest camp mode and FSD HW version. Not sure what else...
You can search here for multiple conversations about this, but since you are newish here, I will tell you that SOME people don't get their first update for several weeks and others get theirs withing the first few days. On my car, the firmware was about 8 weeks older than my car and I didn't get my first update until I had the car for four or five weeks. Also, some people get updates the day it is released and others get it up to one or two weeks after (also usually me). So far, there does not appear to be any rhyme or reason why this is.
  • A number of people (myself included) believe that the Advanced option no longer does anything
  • The "tap five times" is not true - not sure how this urban myth got started

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
I picked up my car last week and it also had ancient updates and would not get an update.

I opened a service appointment for some delivery issues and within that request I mentioned please do OTA update to latest. Someone texted me and did the over the air update for me.

I feel your pain too....picked up my new Model S and it had 2019.35.106.......My Model 3 has 2020.4.1. I have been told that my car is up tp date by both Mobile service and the service center....have another appointment on Tuesday......will ask again for a OTA update push and see what they say

I have this same problem. Picked up a new P3D+ yesterday and it's stuck on 2019.35.106 f83b666. Called and texted with a service rep who was nice enough to try and update it. She sent an update but the update was actually the same version the car came with. She then said version 2019.35.106 f83b666 is the latest version based on the VIN of my car. She had no idea how to fix it and recommended I give it a few days.

I have this same problem. Picked up a new P3D+ yesterday and it's stuck on 2019.35.106 f83b666. Called and texted with a service rep who was nice enough to try and update it. She sent an update but the update was actually the same version the car came with. She then said version 2019.35.106 f83b666 is the latest version based on the VIN of my car. She had no idea how to fix it and recommended I give it a few days.
well my vin is: 336132......01/20 mfg date......this vin seems like a very old car....not mgf'd in Jan.....it is 9 versions behind.....how can that be if they program the cars as they are made.....I waited form 22 oct to 30 jan for delivery just to avoid this