Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk winter tires for the 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not see the aero wheel cover on sale on the Tesla store?
Heard that if you remove the cover the range goes down by 2%. Is that true?
If yes, then how do i buy the cover separately and install them on steel/alloy wheels?

Field tests by enthusiast has put the Aeros improvement of efficiency around ~4% to 6% depending on your speed and other variables (see link)

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

wow, that's a bummer that Costco won't install x-ice3. I thought Sottozero II's (235/45R18 94V) are Tesla approved ones with speed rating "v"???

Some other options with speed rating "v" are

CONTIWINTERCONTACT TS850 P (KAL TIRE, 1010 TIRES)
YOKOHAMA BLUEARTH V905 (KAL TIRE, 1010 TIRES)
PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 (KAL TIRE, 1010 TIRES)
KUMHO WINTERCRAFT WP72 (1010 TIRES)
HANKOOK I-CEPT EVO2 (W320) (1010 TIRES)

TOYO OBSERVE GSI-6 HP (1010 TIRES)
BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LM001 (1010 TIRES)
FALKEN HS449 (1010 TIRES)
DUNLOP WINTER SPORT 4D (1010 TIRES)

Anyone has any previous experience on any of these tires, within a reasonable price range?
I installed KUMHO WINTERCRAFT WP72 on my SUV last year - it did the trick for Vancouver weather, but the ride was a bit bumpy and noisy.

Already our Model-3 is bit bumpy ride and noisy, at times. I prefer not to exaggerate it :)

2nd season on my Kumho WP72 for my Model S RWD... they are great in snow and slush but not the best on ice.... much better than my all terrains on ice but still not as good as blizzak or studded tires...

My Yokohama V905 tires - installed early November 2020 - have been good so far. I do say "so far" though, because I have had limited chance to test them in really severe whether. It has been a fairly mild winter so far around here. We have had some snow and slippery roads, but not enough yet for me to give the tires a full test.

I installed General Tire - Altimax Arctic 12's (purchased from PMC and put them on the cap-less aero wheels) last week, so far so good. Noise level hasn't gone up much, it's definitely grippier, and the regenerative braking seems to be working like before. We finally had a bit of snow Monday in the lower mainland, and I felt completely comfortable with the control

I installed General Tire - Altimax Arctic 12's (purchased from PMC and put them on the cap-less aero wheels) last week, so far so good. Noise level hasn't gone up much, it's definitely grippier, and the regenerative braking seems to be working like before. We finally had a bit of snow Monday in the lower mainland, and I felt completely comfortable with the control

Are these the tires that are rated 98T? Doesn't the winter tires require 98V? thanks!