Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lexani LX-Twenty Budget Amazon Tires Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been running achilles atr sport 2 for about 10k on my arachnids, and I don’t think you can beat them. Dry handling is great, the compound is nice and soft. They’re all season too. (haven't tested in the snow, but wet grip is awesome). Tread life is probably 10-15k, but I drive like a maniac so its not bad. Lead foot at every stoplight and over 100mph regularly.

If you want the best deal I have ever seen for 21” tires, check these out: Achilles ATR Sport 2 235/35R21 89W BSW Tires

These are slightly narrower than oem so you lose a little rim protection, but well within spec for the wheel. They also have the oem 245 width also but not on sale.

holy crap the link has the tires for $44 ahaha. that is an insane deal. i dont know if i want to run 235w tires though, i think it will look a bit weird

I’ve been running achilles atr sport 2 for about 10k on my arachnids, and I don’t think you can beat them. Dry handling is great, the compound is nice and soft. They’re all season too. (haven't tested in the snow, but wet grip is awesome). Tread life is probably 10-15k, but I drive like a maniac so its not bad. Lead foot at every stoplight and over 100mph regularly.

If you want the best deal I have ever seen for 21” tires, check these out: Achilles ATR Sport 2 235/35R21 89W BSW Tires

These are slightly narrower than oem so you lose a little rim protection, but well within spec for the wheel. They also have the oem 245 width also but not on sale.

so i took a deep dive into the barbain basement wheels you posted, and i think it may not be safe to use on the model S

• Tire Size: 235/35ZR21
  • Part#: MAB233521
  • Serv Desc:89 W
  • UTQG: 400AAA
  • Sidewall: BW
  • Treadlife Warranty: miles
  • Max Load: 1,279 lbs
  • Inflation Pressure: 44 psi
  • Tire Size: 7/32
  • Tire Weight: 27 lbs
  • Rim Width Range: 8.0-9.5"
  • Sect. Width: 9"
  • Overall Diameter: 27"
First off, inflation pressure is maxed at 44psi. Tesla recommends 45psi. This is probably ok since you can easily run the PSI all the way down to 40 before the car starts nagging at you to check PSI.

The scary one though is the max load of 1279lbs (Load Index of 89). THIS IS EXTREMELY LOW. its more designed for a light duty car like a small coupe. The curb weight of the model S is between 4883 to 4941 depending on battery model, with a 47/53 weight distribution, which means the load on EACH of the rear tire is going to be 1309lbs. Meaning that even without ANY passenger, you are already over the max load limit of these tires. Now add some passengers an a bit of spirited driving/cornering = bad blowouts. The load index of all the 21" recommended tires for the model S on tirerack are 98, which is 1653lbs

I know you bought them and have been using them, but 1 story does not paint a complete picture, since using these tires will absolutely put the tires at its maximum limit and you are risking a blowout in every corner. I absolutely recommend you get those tires replaced man.. your life is not worth the couple hundred dollars you saved.

Last edited:
Reading this thread considering the:
Lexani LX-TWENTY All- Season Radial Tire-245/45R19 XL 102Y

On Amazon for 88 bucks a tire, of all the cheap brands has anyone tried a bunch out and has a recommendation on a good tire @ $100 or less a tire (For the 2015 Tesla Model S 90D)? I don't drive in snow or winter weather ever, live in SC so all I get are bumps and potholes I have to dodge. I just want a tire that will not fall apart when I take off on green lights basically and will be fine for going up to 90 miles an hour in the interstate at times.

Please read my post above, the Lexani you posted is much SAFER because have a 102 load index 1874lbs.

From Amazon's description of the Lexani LX-TWENTY, there are two things that immediately got my attention:
  • High-performance summer tires for sporty coupes and sedans
  • Ultra high-performance tread compound for excellent dry traction
  • Large shoulder blocks and asymmetric tread design enhance cornering grip
  • Wide lateral grooves for improved wet traction
  • Not for use in near-freezing or snowy conditions
  • This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
How is it all-season when "Not for use in near-freezing or snowy conditions"? Doesn't seem like an A/S tire to me, but a summer tire.
Not for sale in Arkansas? WTF? Is there a law against buying tires online in Arkansas, or does this not meet the stringent tire regulations of the Arkabahn?

From Amazon's description of the Lexani LX-TWENTY, there are two things that immediately got my attention:
  • High-performance summer tires for sporty coupes and sedans
  • Ultra high-performance tread compound for excellent dry traction
  • Large shoulder blocks and asymmetric tread design enhance cornering grip
  • Wide lateral grooves for improved wet traction
  • Not for use in near-freezing or snowy conditions
  • This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
How is it all-season when "Not for use in near-freezing or snowy conditions"? Doesn't seem like an A/S tire to me, but a summer tire.
Not for sale in Arkansas? WTF? Is there a law against buying tires online in Arkansas, or does this not meet the stringent tire regulations of the Arkabahn?

That snowy line could just by a "Cover your ass" liability line, but they do definitely feel like summer tires to me.

Regarding Akransas.....From Amazon.com:

Because of regulatory requirements and restrictions, we are not able to ship tires to Arizona, Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia. If the item you are looking at cannot be shipped to one of these states, you will see the following message in the item detail page, below the item price: "Special Shipping Notice: This item cannot be shipped to the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or West Virginia."

Amazon.com Help: Use the Automotive Part Finder

So, It may just come down to the remanants of old school sales territory things that still carry over for Amazon (who might not be an approved distributor in certain sales territires).