Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP battery in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this in the waiting room as well...but probably more relevant here:

Got a call from my SA today regarding LFP cars......here is what he told me:

• LFP cars are not being delivered under the normal order process - if you stick with your order you will get an NCA car
  • LFP cars are not showing up on the normal inventory page
  • LFP cars are showing up on internal lists, and your SA should be able to find you one (provide there is one available in the color/options you want)
  • If your SA finds you a LFP car and you decide to get it, you will be charged the new price ($2k increase if you ordered before Oct 6 or when ever it was).

In my case, I wanted a white car with the 18" aero wheels. He did find a few LFP white SP+'s in available, but all had 19" wheels. I decided to wait a bit and see if one with 18's shows up.

Reactions: martinmac85

• LFP cars are not being delivered under the normal order process - if you stick with your order you will get an NCA car
  • LFP cars are showing up on internal lists, and your SA should be able to find you one (provide there is one available in the color/options you want)
  • If your SA finds you a LFP car and you decide to get it, you will be charged the new price ($2k increase if you ordered before Oct 6 or when ever it was).

In my case, I wanted a white car with the 18" aero wheels. He did find a few LFP white SP+'s in available, but all had 19" wheels. I decided to wait a bit and see if one with 18's shows up.
I was searching through the Discord page and came across an LFP SR+ Black with the 19" rims! I thought for sure it was gone already, but sure enough, I clicked the link and it was still there! I think I beat a world record for how fast I paid the deposit and secured this beautiful car! EDD is 10/12-10/16!!! I am so excited to take delivery!

Reactions: TexaCali
Hi,
Sorry, what is the "Discord page"?

Also, you said "LFP cars are showing up on internal lists, and your SA should be able to find you one (provided there is one available in the color/options you want)" So, do we order a car in the normal way then advise the SA that we want an LFP version? Then, hope for the best, is that right?

Also, you said "LFP cars are showing up on internal lists, and your SA should be able to find you one (provided there is one available in the color/options you want)" So, do we order a car in the normal way then advise the SA that we want an LFP version? Then, hope for the best, is that right?
This sounds accurate. I spoke to Tesla today - I have had a Model 3 SR+ on order since September, and they were showing an expected delivery of Oct 26-Nov 23rd. At my request the rep delayed my order until January (which was the original delivery date anyway when I placed the order) to make sure I can get the tax incentive if it passes. She also confirmed my car would NOT have an LFP battery and those were only made available for a short period to fulfill a backlog of orders. A little disappointed in that since the charging to 100% is a huge benefit in my mind. I'll still take delivery though, the cost of the car has already gone up $2k since I placed my order. I'll also try as the time gets closer to request an LFP battery via in the internal list.

Reactions: alset3000

I nabbed my LFP vehicle from the normal inventory page. I was helping a friend look today, and found two more LFP cars in my area (range 253) also listed on the normal inventory page. This is consistent with Tesla’s email to parties with pending orders that started this thread.

Reactions: TexaCali