Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

License Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a great long thread here about this. Lots of fun to read. My favorite was a husband and wife team with identical cars with plates HISTESLA and HERTESLA.

Mine is CHG ON. I tried for NOTGASSY. But the state wouldn't go for it. What a rip. I saw somebody who got FUKOIL and somebody else who got FUKOPEC. Amazed they got through.

There is a great long thread here about this. Lots of fun to read. My favorite was a husband and wife team with identical cars with plates HISTESLA and HERTESLA.

Mine is CHG ON. I tried for NOTGASSY. But the state wouldn't go for it. What a rip. I saw somebody who got FUKOIL and somebody else who got FUKOPEC. Amazed they got through.

Amazing those got through is right! CA nixed my BUZZZED (encouraged drug use they said). I appealed it and told them I was insulted they assumed I was involved with drugs........awaiting their decision.

GAS X now taken in OHIO? How about PLUGSN BEANO AMPED NOHNDS NOGASLA

My local DMV nixed: GAS X, AAMPED, and PLUGSN. Called the state and coincidentally talked with someone who serves on the "smut" committee with final say. She thought all these were perfectly fine. I would have just purchased through the state but wanted an Air Force plate so I drove a few miles to another location in the county. My GAS X passed muster without a blink of an eye. Guess the local DMV deputy registrar and his employees have far more sinister minds than I.

Reactions: Red Sage
My license plate finally came in...

wsmxw0.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Amazing those got through is right! CA nixed my BUZZZED (encouraged drug use they said). I appealed it and told them I was insulted they assumed I was involved with drugs........awaiting their decision.
I wanted OKs Taco for Tacoma......was denied because they said it was "offensive and sexuality connotative.......wrote DMV letter and blasted them and 2 weeks later got a letter back allowing my plate.....bunch of aXXholes here in California dmv.....good luck

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I wanted OKs Taco for Tacoma......was denied because they said it was "offensive and sexuality connotative.......wrote DMV letter and blasted them and 2 weeks later got a letter back allowing my plate.....bunch of aXXholes here in California dmv.....good luck

It must be pervasive. In Ohio I was denied (locally) GAS X (too bodily function), AAMPED (Flew for American so AA and apparently a drug reference), and another I have forgotten in the last 4 years (must not have been too good). I called the state office in charge of censorship and actually talk to the supreme honcho who said, had it made it that far, they would have approved all three. Found one other county (local registrar) and she had no problem with GASX so I got that one and when I moved to FL got the same plate. Go figure. I feel your pain.:confused: