Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liftgate Drain Blockage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have a problem with the drains in the liftgate getting blocked? Mine have both been blocked several times now, you can tell when you get a nice pond forming under the rear spoiler (mine does not have a active spoiler). I’ve tried using a air compressor (from both directions) but this hasn’t worked, I’ve only managed to get them to work by getting a small piece of wire threaded through the grommet - is there a better method?

A2D7E38A-3BBF-4034-8473-71675A3100AD.jpeg

Wait a minute, are you saying there is a drain hole under the spoiler? All this time I thought it was a design issue and it always ponds under the spoiler. I'll have to take a look later today....

yes, there is a grommet under the spoiler and it drains down and out the bottle of the tailgate (I only worked it out by looking at the parts catalog)

If course, I tried to clean mine and the line pushed easily into the body of the door leaving a hole.

Owned vehicle for three months. Have had it in a "not broken" status for two days. I know I did it to myself, but I used the same bit of pipe cleaner I use on my Mercedes.