Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light harmonic sub install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the door speakers with no issue but the sub speaker is a different size than the factory. I guess I could just drill and make my own screw holes but it seems way off to me.

has anyone else installed this?

IMG_3829.jpg IMG_3830.jpg IMG_3831.jpg IMG_3832.jpg

I installed the door speakers with no issue but the sub speaker is a different size than the factory. I guess I could just drill and make my own screw holes but it seems way off to me.

has anyone else installed this?

View attachment 564459 View attachment 564460 View attachment 564461 View attachment 564462

Some people make adapters from a small sheet of ABS or 3D printing. You can also drill holes carefully making sure you actually drill each one into the sub enclosure (might have to drill at an angle for some of the holes that are on the edge). I have drilled for a different drop-in sub and filled the original holes with silicone adhesive.

interesting, I will have to search for a template as I have a 3d printer. Im also waiting for the vendor to get back to me with what they recommend. I kind of regret spending $400 on a sub that doesn't just fit. I could have bought a less expensive 8" sub if I knew this.

interesting, I will have to search for a template as I have a 3d printer. Im also waiting for the vendor to get back to me with what they recommend. I kind of regret spending $400 on a sub that doesn't just fit. I could have bought a less expensive 8" sub if I knew this.

If they don’t have a template you can trace the old speaker (and holes) on some paper, trace the cutout, and then trace the holes from the new speaker - that should give you the design to print.

how are you contacting LH? Do you have an email contact? Been trying to get in contact with them for a few months.

Rockwell, how do you like the LH sub? Have you compared it to Soundqubed? I currently have older version Soundqubed installed, but have new version Soundqubed and LH sub new in box and have not yet tested and compared them all.
I noticed a great improvement with just the upgraded amp. The amp gives the speaker a better punch which i was very happy with.. If you are on a budget, the amp only is fine. I never heard the Soundqubed to compare with LH. Sorry