Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

light hearted request... your car name? - and why

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zappa, after Frank Zappa, and because, The Perfect Stranger, a 1984 album featuring the orchestral music of Frank Zappa, conducted in part by Pierre Boulez, sounds rather right on the deluxe audio M3 we picked. Previously we had Moon Unit and Further.
Enjoying the ride in Zappa since May 23rd of 1918.
Wildergoose

Reactions: Transformer
"Winter Walter" - A few months ago we had all of our friends over playing Scattergories, and the categories was "Nicknames beginning with the letter W". For some reason our friend came up with the hilarious response to that category of Winter Walter. He totally missed the point of the question to be like Will for WIlliam, or Whit for Whitney. Its become a bit of a fun joke among our circle of friends, and he still defends his answer to this day! I thought it appropriate to honor him by using it as my new vehicles name...

My wife does online comics and art and so we have a number of original characters that are in the art and comics. So the cars get named after characters whose colors they match, and despite the name being rather cliche, the midnight silver Model 3 became "Dusk"

Raven.

Because I got there first. Bought and named a week before the "Raven" update for the S and X was revealed. o_O

20200317_004555095_iOS.jpg

Wattney, from the high-tech inventiveness of Mark Watney of The Martian, but spelled with a double T to make it electric.

But we just moved to OR, where they only have 6-character plates, so WATTNEY doesn't fit. Considering WATTNY, but meh. She may get a new custom plate unrelated to her name, or a whole new name.

Reactions: tren01t