Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light patch on paint just showed up today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please let us know what Tesla says and does about this. I’ll do the same.

I noticed a few small paint issues on mine too. I was contacted by Tesla Service when I e-mailed them about it. My car's been on the shop now for over a week and have not heard a pip from my service advisor. On the flip side, I am driving a Model S 85 as a loaner - this thing's pretty sweet too, but I surely miss "Marina3".

Just dropped my M3 off at the SC, which was an awesome experience. I was there at opening, and the whole SC team was doing a morning group meeting. Unbelievable how friendly and receptive they were to hearing my issues. I hope they can sustain this level of service, once there are millions of Teslas on the road!

Car will be sent to body shop for paint. Asked if they could just repair clear coat, but was told they will most likely repaint the entire c-pillar, and that I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Sure hope they’re right! They will also be fixing a small scratch by the charging port door, some weatherstripping, and looking at some of my panel gaps.

Could take 6-8 days. Unfortunately, no loaners, so I’m in a rental Prius, but they said they could call me if they get any Tesla loaners back, which I’d really like, as I’ve never driven an S or X.

I’ll post some follow-up photos, once I get it back.

Just got the car back today, 10 days after dropping it off. Aside from scratching my vinyl center console wrap (which someone either tried to hide by putting a bag of screws on top of, or maybe that’s what scratched it in the first place), they did a great job with most of my issues. I still need to wait until the lighting is right, to make sure the light patch on my C-pillar is gone, but it looks great in full sunlight, in terms of color matching with the rest of the car. On the invoice, they described the light patch as “paint appears burned.” They also fixed the small scratch by the charge port door, which is now undetectable.

I’ll post before and after photos of the C-pillar.

F9CFD373-DC29-4189-80CE-8F71FDF39160.jpeg

B0AF0666-088D-4C0E-8F87-5B16380BB89E.png

Lighting was obviously very different between these two shots. The blue vs. gray appearance is really just a matter of lighting, not the paint job.

Reactions: oliman06