Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car with Black Paint, are automatic car washes that bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PPF, ceramic and ONR hand washing can be your best friends with a black car.

This one has driven the distance to the moon… It had full front PPF and ceramic when new. Just replaced the PPF and redid the ceramic. The old PPF was beat to hell with even some large tears on the front bumper. When the PPF was removed there was literally no damage and the paint is still like new.

I do use touch less car washes on occasion but only the minimum wash to get the grit off.
IMG_2515.jpeg

Twice a month? We've got unlimited wash passes and go about every other day on average using 5 different locations and 8 different Teslas and I've never seen an issue. This whole "soft paint" thing is incredibly overstated IMHO.
I once had a sheriff tell me one of the best ways to avoid a speeding ticket, among many others, was to never wash your car. I can’t quite do never, but can live with a couple of times a month. For us the Model 3 is the 2nd vehicle, more for kicking about and road trips where Supercharger alternatives do not exist. Now our Spectre on the other hand…

• Funny
Reactions: Ostrichsak